Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Safe

Rock.87
Rock.87
edited September 24 in Central and Subscriptions

bitdefender total security needs bitdefender credentials to be put in the devices ( other than the account holder's device ) which is a great security risk. if the link has been sent from the bitdefender central account to someone's device , the security solution should not need the credentials. i ve bought 10 licenses but ve not been able to use more than 2 because of this security threat. asked several times on chat/e-mail helpline to add this feature but it was not done.

Comments

• Hello again @Rock.87,

Bitdefender (the security software installed on your device) needs to be synchronized with the Central account where an active subscription/license is running, because this is where the product gets its configuration and validity from. The Central account credentials should be available for the account/subscription owner only, for obvious privacy and security reasons.

Now, if you have a multi-device subscription/license, whenever you send a link from your account to other devices in order to install protection there, your account credentials will NOT be required. Because as mentioned above, your should be the only one to know them and these should not be shared with anyone else. This is how the install procedure on other devices was designed to work, and you cand find detailed instructions in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1443/

You will notice that it is not mentioned anywhere that the other users are required to enter the account holder's credentials during the installation process.

However, there is one scenario when this CAN indeed happen.

Central does have some limitations in place and these are designed to enhance account security and protect the end user. There is a limit on how many autologins you can do in a certain period of time, and you can only autologin from the country where the Central account was created. So, if you send invites to someone from another country, or if the person trying to use the install link is connected to a VPN in another country, the link won't work and they will be prompted to enter the main Central account credentials.

This happens because multi-user home solutions are intended to be installed on devices that belong to the same household, and because a login attempt from another country can be a sign of suspicious activity, so the login security measures in place will be triggered if someone abroad is trying to use an install link coming from your Central account.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• thx for the detailed answer, i am happy that my suggestion to the bitdefender team worked, it required my credentials in my house hold without the use of a vpn before thx a lot.