Remove, or make optional, the Bitdefender "safe" label in Email Protection

For me, having the "Dangerous" label is all that is required. By definition, all other incoming emails are safe.

I don't like getting every single email tagged with a useless label. It should at least be optional if users want the "safe" label.

Yes, I know that some users might not understand that Email Protection only scans emails arriving after protection has been turned on. This is why it is fine to leave the "safe" label turned on by default. Just please, pretty please, let users like me turn off the "safe" label!

Otherwise I'll just turn off the entire Email Protection, and that would be a shame.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @Adam A. and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here.

So, Bitdefender's Email Protection feature displays both safe and dangerous labels to provide clear, comprehensive feedback on the security status of all emails, not just the dangerous ones. I think there are a few reasons for this approach. First, showing a 'safe' label reassures users that the emails they are interacting with have been scanned and are free from potential threats. This gives users peace of mind when dealing with legitimate emails, and also shows that the feature is working as expected. This provides both clarity and confidence to the user.

Secondly, if only dangerous emails were labeled, users might feel uncertain about emails without any label, as they wouldn't know if those emails had been scanned or if the system missed them. Diving further into reasoning, by showing both types of labels, Bitdefender ensures consistency in its user interface. Every email is classified, so there's no ambiguity about whether an email has been evaluated by the system.

Finally, we have learned that some users may want to double-check even safe-labeled emails, especially if they are sensitive to security. The presence of both labels helps them make informed decisions without relying only on the dangerous label.

While it may seem unnecessary to display the safe label, it's intended to create a more transparent and secure environment for users, reducing doubt about email safety.

I hope I was able to provide more clarity here. Considering all the above, I think it's unlikely for the safe label to be removed in the future, however, I did make a note regarding its optional display, like you've suggested. Following your post here, the feature request has been automatically sent to the product developers for consideration.

Thank you once again for your time and for choosing Bitdefender.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user