Issues with Exceptions

I have several exceptions added into the online threat prevention and generally these work ok.

However I am running into real problems with exceptions not been adhered to when accessed via applications.

In this case, I am using JDownloader to download a file from Rosefile.net; files from here come from a number of different URLs and BD was causing downloads via browser to fail; however adding them to the exceptions worked OK. But the same doesn't apply to Jdownloader. even disabling every option within the Online Threat prevention option doesn't work; I still see the same errors alerts showing up in notifications; I have attached pictures below.

I am running the latest release of Total Security with latest updates applied and have performed several system reboots with no change.

Can someone please advise what I need to do?

Comments

• Hello,

Try to add the jdownloader.exe as an exception for the Advanced Threat Defense module and check if that fixes it.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• itr
    itr
    edited October 24

So after trying everything suggested and even disabling EVERYTHING, OTP still insist on blocking the download through Jdownloader.

I have tried adding the executable and excluding from AV, OTP and ATD - but the error still blocks the download. I had to manually enter the path to the file for two reasons - (i) the browse option didn't show the Appdata folder to locate the executable, and (ii) I was unable to add the full path (which contained space characters) within inverted commas - only the OTP option was available unless i removed them.

This is really frustrating, as it appears the exceptions are completely ignored (both executables and domains) - and more disconcertingly, even disabling the options within the control panel doesn't actually disable them! Even after disabling AV, OTP and ATD (All options) and attempting the download again, it STILL reported the download was blocked by OTP!

I have a 5 device license for this and currently i have refrained from installing to other devices because seemingly basic functionality is non-functional.

I have attached images of the configuration and issue.