how do I remove scumbags from my network, phone and rooted software?

Answers

• Hello @melvinmarkos,

Can you share more details with us and elaborate on the issue you are encountering?

In short, to remove unauthorized users from your network, the first step would be to log into your router's admin interface and go to the wireless settings to change your Wi-Fi password. After changing the password, reconnect your devices to the network. Also, ensure that your Wi-Fi network uses WPA3 or at least WPA2 encryption.

In your router’s admin panel, you should be able to check the list of connected devices, so you can disconnect any suspicious or unknown devices by either blocking their MAC address or using a "kick-off" feature, if your router supports this.

Now in regard to potentially rooted software, if your phone is rooted and you didn’t do it, consider unrooting it. You can use Bitdefender to scan for malware and spyware, of course. If you are using an iPhone, restoring it to factory settings will remove the jailbreak and any rooted software. Furthermore, ensure that your phone’s operating system is up to date. Security patches in newer updates can fix vulnerabilities that allow unauthorized access.

There are other steps you can take, but we need to know what's actually going on there so we can advise further.
    How did you come to the conclusion that you have unauthorized users on your network, how do you know for sure that your phone is rooted, what are the symptoms, do you have Bitdefender Mobile Security installed on that device, etc.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• melvinmarkos
    edited October 24

II have done all the above. My rotor is no longer the main access point. And I'm also not allowed to change the password to get, because I live with my folks and they'll get angry with, they don't seem to understand the implications. How do I know that my phone has been rooted? Because after 47 factory resets and this being the fifth phone inside of a year and yes, I do have a bit defender, I also have 2 other security softwares. They all give me false positive, whatever you want to call em. i know because these people stalk me everywhere I go and I'm not even kidding you.

• Hi,

I really don't know what to say here, but since you have Bitdefender installed, perhaps you can get in touch with the support teams and ask them to have a look and advise further? This way you cand find out exactly if your device is rooted and if there's any breach of privacy. You can use the link below to request assistance:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

There are three avaiable contact channels to choose from, phone, chat and email / contact form. State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose the desired contact channel.
    Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

For the record, you can use several methods to find out if your phone is rooted, depending on your comfort level with technical tools and your operating system. But I think it's best to let someone specialized investigate this, to recommend the relevant tools and steps to follow.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user