How can I turn off master password for Bitdefender Password manager every time I restart?

Craig.w
edited October 23 in Password Manager

I'm in a secure location so I don't want to have to enter a lengthy master password to Bitdefender every time I restart my computer.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Craig.w,

If you have inactivity lock with logout option enabled, then it is normal to be asked the master password, since you are completely logged out of the account. I have a few questions here:

• Did you check the “Remember me” box when logging in?

If you lock your device without closing your browser, Password Manager doesn’t lock and you can access your data when you return. As a security measure, every time you open the browser you have to sign in with your Bitdefender Central account and then input your Master password.

• To stop the Central sign-in prompt, go into ⚙︎ Settings and tick “Disable login tab on startup”.
    • To stop the master password prompt for 72 hours, check the “Remember me” box on the Unlock your vault screen.
    • Do you usually log out manually from Password manager? – if yes, it's normal to be required to enter the master password.
    • How long ago did you check “Remember” me? (if checked) – the feature is time limited to 72 hours. (However, if you are using the browser or the application actively every day, the 72 hours window gets refreshed every 24 hours)
    • Did you use the “Secure me” feature targeting the device you are using? – if yes, it's also normal to enter the master password again, as you were logged out.
    • Did you enable inactivity lock with logout option? - if yes, as mentioned above, it's expected to re-enter your master password, since you are logged out.
    • On mobile devices (if this applies), are you asked for the master password, or PIN/biometrics? If PIN/Biometrics is required, that’s normal, this is asked for to ensure the device is in the correct hands.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks, Alex. Yes, I always check the "Remember me" box, but that doesn't work at all. When I open my browser (Chrome) after closing it for any reason (or the computer shuts down for inactivity overnight), it always brings up the sign in box, even if it's just a few minutes.

You mentioned going into Settings and "Disable login tab on startup". Is that in the main Bitdefender app? I couldn't find it there. And I don't know where the "Secure me" feature and the "Inactivity lock with logout option" are.

• Hi,

After you've opened the Password Manager Settings menu, the option at the very top says "Disable login tab on startup", simply check that box.

The Secure Me feature allows you to remotely log out or delete browsing history of your computer, tablet or mobile device. If you’re sharing a device with other people, I strongly recommend you turn this feature on.
    To locate and enable this feature:

1. On Windows or macOS, click on the Password Manager icon in your web browser. On Android or iOS, launch the Password Manager application. If prompted, enter your Master Password.
    2. Open the Password Manager menu to expand the sidebar on the left and click the Secure Me menu item.
    3. Press on the Secure all sessions button. If you are looking to secure only a particular device, look for it in the list of devices on which Password Manager is installed or enabled on a specific browser.

Inactivity lock can be found under the security tab:

In the event the "Remember me" feature still doesn't work as expected, please get in touch with Bitdefender Support for further investigation. You can contact the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user