Suggested Additions to the Managing Exceptions Feature

1. All my PCs have an administrative account but I do all my work from a regular user account. Switching back and forth from a regular user account to an administrative account to manage exceptions is possible but I consider it a moderate nuisance. Please add the ability to manage exceptions from a regular user account. If you are worried about people who shouldn't have access managing the exceptions, the ability to work from a regular user account could be controlled from the administrative account. Right now, I can't even scroll down through the list of exceptions from my regular user account.
  2. Please add the ability to type in the path to an exception instead of requiring it to be added by browsing down through sometimes multiple layers of folders. I have 3 computers in use that each have access to 7 different external drives containing multiple copies of backed-up folders for which I know most of the folders are safe because the files in those folders were scanned before being copied to the external drives. Setting up all the exceptions for 10 folders on each of 7 drives from each of 3 computers by the present method is taking me quite a bit of time. The ability to type in all those paths would probably save me 3/4 of that time because I could type the paths once in a text file and just copy and paste into the proper field in BitDefender.

I am using BitDefender Total Security but I assume the Managing Exceptions feature is similar in all the Windows BitDefender products.

I understand that you get a lot of requests so I appreciate any consideration you can give to these suggestions. Be assured that I will not stop using BitDefender even if you say no.

1 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• I have moved your post to the Product Features and Ideation category, where it will automatically be shared with the Bitdefender product developers.

@camarie, can you provide insight on this post?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• camarie
    camarie BD Staff
    edited October 23

1: it's not so easy (lot of moving parts involved), but I will ask everyone how many changes that would imply.

2: path-base typing/autocomplete is possible and it might be done. I will fill an issue right now about this, although I'm not sure who/when will be picking this up. It's moderately complex but requires quite a number of changes and should be thoroughly tested as well.
    Edit: issue created and assigned. Will update as usual about progress when we have something (even in development/testing).