Recently (possibly following a recent update), Bitdefender antivirus no longer prompts users to scan USB drives, as it did previously. The options in the settings are enabled to prompt a scan each time.
How can I fix this? Thank you.
Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products→Troubleshooting→I don't know→Contact Support→ You will get the option of chat, call or email.
To get an immediate update, make use of the chat option. Also, ensure that no ad blockers or privacy extensions are enabled in your web browser, as they may prevent the chat window from appearing.
Bitdefender support may request diagnostic logs and will guide you through the process of generating them.
Regards
Good evening, Polarisx, What is the version of Bitdefender? Is the automatic analysis activated? What happens if you insert a USB key? If that doesn’t work, I invite you to contact technical support: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/ keep us updated. Have a good evening.
sorry Flexx for the duplicates.
Good evening.
Thank you both for your response. The version is shown in the screenshot.
I can't find any option for automatic analysis. If you mean the Bitdefender shield, then yes, it's enabled. It's been enabled ever since I first installed Bitdefender on my computer.
As for the USB security key, I’ve never used one of those.
I'll try to access the link you provided. Thank you very much.
Good evening Polarisx, you will find the automatic analysis for this: click on protection in the Bitdefender interface, then in antivirus, click on open and then click on the user settings to check if the analyses are automatically analyzed. keep us updated. Have a good evening.
Good evening. Thank you for helping me find the analyses, and for your patience in my misunderstanding. As I mentioned in the original post, the options for the analyses are always set to "ask each time" rather than "automatically". However, the expected pop-up message does not appear in the notification area. So, I've already opened a support ticket and I'm in the process of gathering the log files that support has asked me to provide. Thank you again for your interest.
Good evening Polarisx, of nothing glad to have helped you. Let us know when your problem will be resolved by the technical support. Have a good evening.
Yes, the issue is ongoing. But an error while sending the log files, by the way, canceled the upload process and it is not possible to repeat it via the same link. I have already sent a report and also a request to reissue the secure file sharing link, but it has not been answered yet (maybe it is still early). Maybe I should open a new ticket with technical support? Or should I wait for a response?
waiting for another can otherwise you restart the technical support
And if all else fails with support, or it becomes to involved, you could try running a Repair (Reinstall), and see if that resolves it. Since you're using AV+, it may be a less intrusive process than if you were using Total. Otherwise, you're going through the proper steps and being thoughtfully helped by the Mods :)
https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13429/
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
Hi,
Your inquiry has reached the development teams and they are currently investigating this behavior. If I hear anything, I'll be back with updates here.
Just following up here, based on my findings you should have received a response from the Support teams by now. If not, they will get in touch shortly.