Hi everyone,
I've noticed that scammers are increasingly creating fake websites that look almost identical to official government service portals. These sites often ask for personal information, payment details, or document uploads, making them difficult for many people to identify.
When I need information about government requirements, I always try to verify the source before entering any personal details. I also compare information across multiple trusted sources. While researching Philippine document requirements, I came across a website which explains police clearance procedures and requirements. It made me wonder how others verify whether a government-related website is trustworthy before using it.
What are the first things you check?
- Do you look at the domain name carefully?
- Do you rely on security software or browser protection?
- Are there any Bitdefender features you recommend for spotting phishing or fake government websites before it's too late?
I'd appreciate any advice or best practices the community can share. Staying cautious online is becoming more important every year.