I am trying to set up my Bitdefender VPN so that does not connect on my home (private) network. How do I disable the 'Always on' setting?
Hello,
You can use the Wi-Fi Advisor settings to configure the networks you are connecting to so that the VPN doesn't kick in. Perhaps the Public Wi-Fi profile is activated in your case. While running in this profile, Bitdefender will automatically recommend connecting to Bitdefender VPN in order to secure the network. Check the article below for steps on how to configure your networks (Home, Office, Public):
https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/40620/
Let me know if this helps.
Hello Alexandru,
I have tried your suggested remedy, but sadly it has not worked. My VPN is permanently activated on my home network. Every time I disconnect the VPN it re-connects automatically within a few seconds. This is severely hampering my work. Please can you se=uggest anything else that might remedy the situation?
Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe check the Auto-connect settings, you'll find these under the Advanced settings. Because if the VPN connects automatically without apparent explanation, this would be the first place too look. For more context, the Auto-connect feature allows the VPN to start automatically under specific conditions. For example, you can configure the VPN to connect:
I suspect one of these awakes the VPN every time you close it… but I can't know for sure, so you'll have to check those settings and let me know how they're set.
Hi Alexandra,
I've already tried adjusting all the settings you've mentioned at it makes no difference. I've had to uninstall Bitdefender VPN as it was causing too many problems.
I understand. So what happened after you reinstalled it? If you did reinstall it.
Hi Alexandru,
I didn't re-install it as it was causing too many problems and was stopping me from completing important tasks.
I see.. well I must say that's pretty strange, I mean, once you disconnect the app it should stay closed, so I guess we will never know what happened there, without reinstalling and getting some logs from the VPN app..
Unfortunately I don't have time to do this. It took nearly an hour to carry out a task that should have taken no more than 2 minutes this morning. Everything else in my Bitdefender package seems to work well but the VPN
This is to let you know that I have re-installed Bitdefender VPN and the settings are now working correctly.
Thanks for your assistance.
Kind regards
Pete
Hi, that's good to hear and thanks for following up here!