I had zero problems with connecting using "Automatic". EVERY single website worked. Lately the VPN is blocking even common sites. I changed nothing. I read a suggestion to add the offending site to the exception list in split tunneling. No go. If I have to add a dozen websites every day then why use this product? I'll just cancel my subscription and use a competitor. What did Bitdefender change in the last couple of weeks? This is beyond ridiculous. I literally was just on the ESPN page and clicked a link to look at the newest AP college football poll. No………that site is way too dangerous. I get this lovely message (which is becoming a common theme with this product):
Secure Connection Failed
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
Error Code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
Yet if I turn off Bitdefender I can visit just fine. I refuse to add espn.com to some exception list. This product is becoming unusable. I have tried Firefox and Chrome browsers with the same tired result. I have cleared caches, etc, etc, etc. None of the changes to the Chrome or Firefox browser settings make a bit of difference. It's the VPN. Simple and easy. I turn it off and the websites work. It would be nice to have a functional VPN that doesn't block a ton of sites, especially when the are harmless. Can anyone share some settings to change within the VPN? That's the only thing that I can think that might help. If this doesn't clear up or improve I will cancel the VPN and the antivirus subscriptions as they near expiration. I don't mean my first post to be so negative but good grief folks. I use this product for six months and it was amazing. Then a couple of weeks ago it goes haywire. I hope someone will help or at least try to help.
Thank you for reading.