Hello Bitdefender Team,
First, I would like to say that I think Web Sage looks like a significant improvement over TrafficLight, and I am pleased to see Bitdefender continuing to invest in browser-based protection against phishing, scams, malicious websites, and online fraud.
As a Bitdefender Premium Security customer, however, I was disappointed to learn that Web Sage currently supports Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but not Mozilla Firefox.
I would like to encourage Bitdefender to prioritize a Firefox version of Web Sage.
Many Firefox users are exactly the type of users who actively seek stronger security and privacy protections online. Firefox remains one of the few major browsers that is independent of the Chromium ecosystem, and it continues to be a popular choice among privacy-conscious users, security enthusiasts, developers, and long-time Bitdefender customers.
In my case, I use Mozilla Firefox as my primary browser because of its privacy controls, extensive customization options, and support for powerful extensions such as uBlock Origin. While I appreciate having access to Web Sage in Edge, I would much prefer to have the same protection available in the browser I use every day.
I understand that development resources must be allocated carefully and that Chrome and Edge may represent a larger percentage of users. However, I believe Firefox users are a particularly valuable audience for a product like Web Sage because they are often already focused on online security, privacy, and safe browsing practices.
Many Firefox users actively invest in privacy and security tools, making them a natural audience for Web Sage. Bringing feature parity to Firefox would ensure that customers can benefit from Bitdefender's latest browser protection technology regardless of their browser choice.
From a customer perspective, it feels unfortunate that Firefox users who have supported Bitdefender and invested in premium subscriptions cannot currently benefit from the latest browser protection features in their preferred browser.
I would greatly appreciate any information regarding whether Firefox support is planned, under consideration, or on Bitdefender's future roadmap. I also hope that customer feedback like this can help demonstrate that there is meaningful demand for a Firefox version of Web Sage.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for continuing to improve Bitdefender's security products.
Regards,
😁