Uninstall Other Security Solutions - Install Bd

Just to note, I downloaded BD from the website. It looks like a live install so you have to download the downloader first and then it installs from the internet. I don't have a superfast connection but it took about 25 min to download the tool. Once installer started I was asked to let BD remove other secuirty solutions, which I did. Then it had to restart. Upon restart the installed did not continue. Since I had not actually downloaded the .exe file, I had to run the downloader again which took another 25 minutes, basically restarting the whole process again. At least when i completed it the second time the security solutions were not detected anymore so I got past it and was able to install normally. I would recommend downloading the .exe file so you can run it offline. I think its a sticky on the forum. Use this incase you run into the issue I did then you can easily restart the uninstall.

Comments

• Hi

I also faced the same issue. Yesterday I was re-installing the BItdefender Total Security 2011 and during installation it detected "Trend Micro" security solution and asked me to uninstall it. When I did so, the system restarted and came back, the installation no longer continue and I had to run the setup again which again starts from the beginning.

However I was amazed to see the detected Trend Micro as I had never been the user of Trend Micro security solution except once I ran "Trend Micr HijackThis" as instructed by the Bitdefender Technical Support in order to troubleshoot some issue but a long ago.

• Hello,

It is normal for the installation not to run anymore, especially if you are running the online installation kit file. Considering the fact that the online kit will download files and put them in a temporary folder, upon restarting the PC most of those files will no longer be available. In other words, for security reasons the setup will need to be run again so the installation will not fail.

Last but not least, the HijackThis is not in the list of known security solutions so I do believe that you had an older windows registry entry or a file associated with a Trend product.

You can find the download links for all the versions HERE

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.