Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Full System Scan Runs Over And Over And...

Options

On 08/17, at about 3PM, I used the uninstall tool to remove BDAV 2010 and installed BDAV 2011 (64bit) trial version (14.0.23.312) on my T410 running Win7 Pro x64. I manually ran the My Documents, Auto-Logon, Quick and Full Systems scans. I think I remember setting the schedule to run the Full System Scan once a month.

Since then, however, The Full System Scan has run on its own, over and over several times. Here is the screenshot of the log showing all the scans:

post-35640-1282233749_thumb.jpg

I tried to go into the Full System Scan, scan settings, but with the scan paused, I can't get into the options to see how it is set and if it is wrong, change it. Here is that screenshot:

post-35640-1282233764_thumb.jpg

How do I stop the scans?

Thanks,

Gary

P.S. - I also installed the 2011 (32bit) trial of BDAV on my WinXP desktop and this is not happening on that system.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Gary,

I do believe that those scans were run due to an option being checked under BitDefender menu that comes as enabled by default for Total Security 2011. Follow the steps below and let me know if the issue is resolved:

- open BitDefender Security Center and switch it to Expert View from the Options button

- go to the Tune-up module

- click on 'Optimization' tab

- uncheck the box under Product Actions When Idle so the Full system scan will not start when your system is idle.

Regards,

• Oh, you are good! :D That's exactly what it was. Actually, it was happening on the desktop system as well, but since I was using that PC most of the day yesterday, the scan had only started once and I didn't even realize it had happened until I looked at the log.

I've unchecked that box on both PCs. I don't need that much unwanted hard disk drive activity.

Thanks!

Gary

• You're welcome Gary, have a great weekend !

Case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.