Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Proxy Settings

Options

Hi Support,

Am very found of Bit products since 2008 and i have never stop using them since, I am a Bit AV user mostly

I found out on this forum yesterday that bit AV pro 2011 is available for download, i downloaded it and install it.

Only to find out it doesn't have any manual proxy settings tab... is this what is meant to be for this release???

This a very important configuration part mostly for Organization as they use proxys on their networks

I have attached screen-shots for bit av 2010 and 2011 for better understanding

I hope someone will respond soon

post-19246-1282304148_thumb.png

post-19246-1282304881_thumb.png

Comments

• Interesting point you make. The Help section says in Expert View, go to General-->Settings, but I don't see anything there about proxy settings.

post-35640-1282306430_thumb.jpg

Looks like something got missed.

• Hello,

The issue you describe has been already escalated and it will be resolved as high priority. The resolution will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your end. Please try to update as BitDefender should automatically detect the proxy settings from Internet Explorer and import them into the proxy settings product menu.

This issue is only present with the Antivirus product.

I will post in the forum when the resolution will be released.

Regards,

• killo
    Options
    Hello,

The issue you describe has been already escalated and it will be resolved as high priority. The resolution will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your end. Please try to update as BitDefender should automatically detect the proxy settings from Internet Explorer and import them into the proxy settings product menu.

This issue is only present with the Antivirus product.

I will post in the forum when the resolution will be released.

Regards,

Hi Danydan,

Thank you for your replay.

I have one more concern, what if one has a pc/pcs on a VPN and only bit AV(previous versions 2010) was configured to update through a proxy

and now they have update to 2011 only to find themselves on the above mentioned issue,

How will they go around this, as your temp solution requires a pc with internet gatway?

Thank you in advance

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello,

I've made a small tool that can be used as a workaround until a patch is released through update.

The tool can be downloaded from here: http://saf.li/a8w9k

Make sure you download the appropriate version for your system (the one with the x64 suffix is for 64bit systems, the other one is for 32bit systems). The tool has been successfully tested with the release version of BitDefender AV Pro 2011 in English, but it should work just fine with any language (I made sure that no language dependencies exist). If there are any problems with the tool, please contact me by PM, or post here.

What does this tool do? If BitDefender Security Center is not open, it opens it. Once it's open, it searches and shows the Proxy Settings dialog. You might have the feeling that someone is clicking into BitDefender's interface, because the tool "navigates" from location to location until it finds its destination. Save this tool somewhere in your system and run it whenever you want to view and/or edit the proxy settings in BitDefender.

Known issue: When BitDefender Security Center is closed and the tool opens it, the tool waits 2 seconds for SecCenter to open. In some cases (for instance, on high system load, or on slower systems), Security Center might take a little longer to show up, so the tool won't work correctly. In such cases, please run the tool after BitDefender Security Center is opened. This way, it will work. :)

Disclaimer and important notice: This tool was released with the permission of BitDefender TechSupport, but it was not written by BitDefender, but by me. Therefore, BitDefender cannot be held responsible for any inconveniences experienced during usage of this tool. Also, this tool is provided AS IS, without any warranty. The author cannot be held liable for any problems caused by or during the usage of this tool. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please let me know if you have difficulties in running this tool. I will do my best to fix it in case any problems occur. :)

Cris.

• killo
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Cris,

Thank you for your support, will give it a try and revert

Killo

• killo
    Options

Hey Cris,

I have downloaded the tool and run it, works like a charm, was able to configure my proxy setting

Bit defender now we are waiting for a complete solution to this

Thank you so much

Killo

• Yup! BDAV Pro 2011 was updated on both my PCs and the proxy settings now appear under the General-->Settings tab.

Quick work BD! :)

• Glad to see the issue was resolved Nikki, always a pleasure to help.

Regards,