Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Problem

Options

i m not able to access bitdefender firewall . and getting error like " failed to communicate with bitdefender security service."

i have installed bitdefender total security 2011 32bit

Comments

• srdjan
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i m not able to access bitdefender firewall . and getting error like " failed to communicate with bitdefender security service."

i have installed bitdefender total security 2011 32bit

turn off windows firewall and windows defender or any "other security" software.

• Hi Mineshparikh.

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adapter if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE then send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail) and attach it to the reply to this email.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

• My firewall does same thing but found I can run troubleshoot wizard which will fix it until next reboot.

For your information, i installed bitdefender internet security 2011 after running uninstallation of 2010 version with the bitdefender uninstall tool provided in the bitdefender website.

Hopefully, you can give me a solution this problem.

post-38618-1288748303_thumb.jpg

post-38618-1288752551_thumb.jpg

post-38618-1288752638_thumb.jpg

• My firewall does same thing but found I can run troubleshoot wizard which will fix it until next reboot.

For your information, i installed bitdefender internet security 2011 after running uninstallation of 2010 version with the bitdefender uninstall tool provided in the bitdefender website.

Hopefully, you can give me a solution this problem.

it is 64bit version...

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi,

No, I can't give you a solution as you have not provided me with all details I need. You have opened a 3 months old topic but you haven't noticed my last post asking for support tool and all the info I need to be able to come to a conclusion.

The very first thing I need is what BitDefender version are you using (32bit or 64bit) and your Operating System. Also mention what network card are you using (both Wireless and ethernet one). The last screenshot is only displaying a generic name of the wireless adapter 802.11n. Mention its firmware and the driver version you are using.

Also please follow the steps explained in this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=89427

When you have the logs send me a PM with the download link.

• Hi again,

Now I can give you a solution and the reason why you encounter this issue.

Upon making the upgrade from the 2010 version to the new 2011, some of the drivers were not removed from your PC. That's the case with the driver for FileVault still stored in your PC. The version 2010 did had this feature, the 2011 does not have it anymore.

Also the same thing happened with the real time protection driver, not being installed in your PC.

You will need to follow the steps below and re-install BitDefender. However, before that, I need some extra logs from your to be certain that you don't have anything loading at PC start-up that can interfere with BitDefender.

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE

f) send me a PM with the download link.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.