Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antiphishing Slow Down Firefox

Options

hi from croatia!

my english is disaster, but thanks for your patience.

i have 2 years license internet security.

version 2010 worked perfectly. i removed this version with bitdefender uninstall tool.

then i put 2011 version. everything works perfectly,except very slow firefox .

- when i turn off antiphishing addon in ff, works perfect

- when i turn on antiphishing addon in ff, i must wait a lot of time to site be opened

- i know it works as proxy..i have avira premium on one pc, and avira have webguard modul..but not so slow

- pages from whitelist work normal

why antiphishing worked perfectly on 2010 is, and now i have problem with slow firefox on 2011 is.

something else:

web or site advisor is new on 2011 edition...but he is slow to.

for example...wot addon, and mcafee site advisor are so fast. (i dont use now that tools on this firefox)

coclusion: antiphishing modul and web advisor ,for me it is very important.

how to improve that?

i know browsers should be a little slow because proxy filtering...but not so slow.

thanks for your reply

srdjan

croatia

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello,

Please open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View. Then go to the Antivirus tab and click on the 'Custom Level' button. There uncheck the box for 'Scan web (HTTP) traffic' and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

• my ticket

[Ticket ID:201008211008646]

hello

thanks

(There uncheck the box for 'Scan web (HTTP) traffic' )

if i turn off scan web traffic...what happens with realtime antiphishing protection?

tonight when i try at home on desktop.

• Hi again,

The two are not related. The real time protection will stay enabled even with HTTP traffic not being scanned as, when a ****** will try to be run on the computer, the RTP and the Antiphishing will prompt a warning. Also, if you will download a file, if that file is infected the RTP will pop-up a notification.

The HTTP scan the actual traffic you make, in other words each page is scanned and any cookie that may prompt. The option is used and recommended as enabled for those who are surfing the web a lot, visiting risky websites (i.e. a.dult material, warez etc).

Please make the test and let me know if the browsing is still slow or not.

Regards,

• mitza97
    Options

Same problem on my firefox. If i disable Scan HTTP traffic option, problem solved. But in the last version 2010, this problem not exist.

• Hi again,

The two are not related. The real time protection will stay enabled even with HTTP traffic not being scanned as, when a ****** will try to be run on the computer, the RTP and the Antiphishing will prompt a warning. Also, if you will download a file, if that file is infected the RTP will pop-up a notification.

The HTTP scan the actual traffic you make, in other words each page is scanned and any cookie that may prompt. The option is used and recommended as enabled for those who are surfing the web a lot, visiting risky websites (i.e. a.dult material, warez etc).

Please make the test and let me know if the browsing is still slow or not.

Regards,

@daniel thank you for your detailed reply.

right now im not at home,this is laptop..bitdefender is on my desktop.

hahaha...when you mention warez..last night i sand picture to my friend who likes a lot tool wot

for first link on picture i ask my friend wot addon lover...what would you click :))

http://j.imagehost.org/0265/siteadvisor.jpg

i have already tested web advisor ;)

strangest thing is that...2010 was fast.

i will write tonight.

thanks again for verygood info.

• Always a pleasure to help with all the information I can Srdjan :)

mitza97: I wouldn't call it a problem but rather a small inconvenience and expected one as having all the settings enabled may slow down your computer a little or the Internet browsing. That is the reason why we have certain issues by default marked as disabled but it's everyone's choice to have whatever settings they think will fit best.

I, for one, on my personal PC I also keep the HTTP traffic scan disabled not because of the slowdown (a very small slowdown on my PC) but because I don't think the above mentioned option is needed for my level of browsing.

Hope that clear things a little bit. Last but not least I would like to point out the fact that we are aware of this issue and we escalated it for further testing and finally a resolution to it.

Have a nice weekend !

Regards,

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited August 2010
    Options

Thanks for response...and a pleasant weekend to you also. :)

• hi people ;)

and now something completely different :D

i turn on my pc...take a look on my rss reader,and turn on my firefox...

next, turn on antiphishing add on,and do nothing else.

everything is working normally.

is it possible something fixed with update...yesterday the whole day i have slow browsing..after many reboot.

strange. yesterday ff crashed a few time.

@mitza97

what you tried?

i'll test now and if the problem occurs again,than turning off http scan.

http://j.imagehost.org/0040/picture_bitdefender_02.jpg

http://j.imagehost.org/0703/picture_bitdefender_01.jpg

i'm sorry that you suffered my english :rolleyes:

remains a topic open please.

Have a nice weekend guys!

Regards

• I looked at your 01.jpg and then checked my Google performance. Yes, scanning each link takes about 1 second on my PC, too.

• Joli
    Options

I have noticed the same problem as srdjan.

The AntiPhishing is severely slowing down Firefox. Surely, it is not normal.

I hope the BitDefender guys will soon publish a correction for this annoying problem.

• I had the same slow down problem and tried the fix that is given here and it did not help me at all. All pages were extremely slow loading. I was very frustrated, as is my wife, so I uninstalled BD2011 IS again and this time when I installed it from CNET I used Internet Explorer instead of FF. Once it was installed I once again tried the fix listed in previous post and to my surprise I am back up to speed, maybe even faster than with BD2010.

• i'm testing browsers.

http scan filter is turned off.

http://i.imagehost.org/0779/browsers.jpg

firefox works normally for half an hour or one hour...than slowing down.

when you click next link...you must wait and wait.

same thing with a clean ff,after cc cleaner and no addons.

google chorme work normal,very fast,and opera work normal.

on ie i i have not spent much time ;)

i think bitdefender can do something.

if you "google"..every proxy filtering have this problems.

av avira have the same problem with webguard modul (slow firefox)...and thay fix problem.

internet is full oh that topics.

• now total chaos.

2011's collapse.

during the day ask 2 times for restarting pc.

now i have this LOL

2010-08-23_235746.jpg

first antiphishing modul make firefox totaly slow...and now we have mystery messages.

i need an invisible antivirus on my pc,not this.

what to do with 444 days license?

• now im install 2010 and everything work perfect.

:(