Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Update Bitdefender Total Security 2011

Options

Hi.

I just downloaded BitDefender Total Security 2011, everything installed fine but it wont update nor let me create an account. See, whenever I try to update it, it says that I need to make an account. So, I tried to make one, but it gives me this error message:

"Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection was detected."

Now, I don't know why I get this error because I am connected to the internet, and I never put a license key, I just wanted to try out the trial.

Comments

• Hi,

I have created a ticket with the ID 201008231019409 regarding the issue you are facing. Please check your email associated with your forum account and send me the requested information.

Looking forward to your answer!

• i have the same problem with windows vista

please help

• lmyers4371
    edited September 2010
    Options

Another one with the same issue on Vista. I can update manually, but the warning stays. I have to admit 2011 has been very disappointing so far. I've had installation issues, this update issue, the inaccurate splash screen and now BD is crashing on my Windows 7 64 bit machine (I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail).

• Another one with the same issue on Vista. I can update manually, but the warning stays. I have to admit 2011 has been very disappointing so far. I've had installation issues, this update issue, the inaccurate splash screen and now BD is crashing on my Windows 7 64 bit machine (I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail).

I have recently installed BitDefender Total Security 2011 onto Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and over the last week am having trouble with it working correctly.

I do not seem to be able to turn on Auto-update and am unsure whether I have the latest Anti virus protection. When I click the update tab I have the Update Settings all grey and it states: "BitDefender Updates service is not available"

post-36666-1284604317_thumb.jpg

• I have recently installed BitDefender Total Security 2011 onto Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and over the last week am having trouble with it working correctly.

I do not seem to be able to turn on Auto-update and am unsure whether I have the latest Anti virus protection. When I click the update tab I have the Update Settings all grey and it states: "BitDefender Updates service is not available"

I just have to throw in here... and say I still can't update either. INVALID LICENSE KEY... still... all the topics regarding that subject have been closed because you all just assumed everyone's problem was fixed. Is there a way to "downgrade" and try BD2010 instead?

• Hi,

silvertop: please follow the steps explained below and send me the requested log files.

LarryMyers: please follow the steps explained below and send me the requested log files.

Eagleman7: please follow the steps explained below and send me the requested log files.

Marek:I have sent you instructions on how to manually resolve the issue you are facing. Please confirm that the issue has been resolved.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

Regards,

• Dear BitDefender Technical Support

after like 1 hour of trying to uninstall the bitdefender total security 2010 because of that network error issue, i managed finally to uninstall it by bitdefender removal tool, and now iam trying to install bitdefender total security 2011 but the installation when it gets to the PC scanning step and when it is almost done, the window is closing surprisingly without any warning or any message about whats going on.

Could you please help me with that issue because i cant wait until i try the new BD TS 2011 :D

iam using windows 7 x64 bit

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options

Since the installation of BDTS 2011 only partially completed, I would suggest the following:

Run the BD Uninstall Tool once more to remove all traces of the incomplete install. Re-boot the PC when done.

Run the free Online Scanner to see if it finds any problems that may be blocking the installation.

Then, post back the results and we'll go from there. :)

Awaiting your reply,

• Dear Nikki

i ran the BD Uninstall Tool and the application shows no BD Products installed on my machine

then i wen to Online Scanner and in few seconds the scan shows no infection found and everything is ok.

and here is the scan log file:

how no idea how to attach the log file in here, i just uploaded it and here is the link

Scan log file

• oh i think i missed up little bit, when i checked Uninstall Tool 1st time i select one of the products installed on my pc, on 2nd time when u told me to do it again i didnt know that i can select the (all Bitdefenders Products),so it was my fault sorry

so i ran the Uninstall Tool again now and it shows a several fails about deleting all applications files, but in the end it worked successfully.

the installation in progress right now .. thanks for help nikki :D

• Great. Now that we are certain all traces of previous BD installs have been removed and the online scan shows your PC is clean of viruses, post back and let us know if the install now runs to completion or not.

Awaiting your reply,

• BDTS 2011 installation completed successfully without any problem

but i though a home normal user wouldn't be able to get into the forums and post in here or search for an issue it coming with installation, i would like to suggest to look into the installing and the uninstalling process so it will be much more easier for the rest of the users.

thanks for being patient and for the assist

Regards...

• Wael - For the vast majority of home users, BD installs without a problem. For the few that do have problems, that is exactly what this forum is for - to get help. ;)

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Feel free to post a new topic with any other questions or issues.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.