Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Account Created?

Options

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, but when I start my pc for about 5-10 minutes bitdefender tells me there is 1 problem that needs fixing and where my email should be, by bitdefender account, it says "no account created". After several minutes all is well and my email is there?

I wouldn't normally worry about this, but I've just reformatted my pc and this didn't happen before?

Do I need to worry? Or is it normal?

Comments

• Hello,

First and foremost please make sure you have BitDefender updated. To do so right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray, next to your computer's clock, and select Update Now. Wait for the update to be complete then restart your computer if requested.

When you encounter this issue again please look and tell me what is the problem reported by BitDefender that needs fixing.

Regards,

• Hello,

First and foremost please make sure you have BitDefender updated. To do so right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray, next to your computer's clock, and select Update Now. Wait for the update to be complete then restart your computer if requested.

When you encounter this issue again please look and tell me what is the problem reported by BitDefender that needs fixing.

Regards,

I had this same thing happen to me for the first time this morning. I have been running BD Total Security 2011 for the last couple weeks, since I upgraded from BD TS 2010. When I restarted, the security status said I had not updated definitions in four days. However, I have automatic updates enabled and my computer is on almost continuously. Also, I have experienced some other odd behavior from my bitdefender this morning:

1. I started up my my pc, and the scan activity was missing. Everything else in BD seemed fine--no security alerts, BD said I hade updated this morning, all my settings seemed unchanged (to include showing the scan activity bar). Also, my scheduled antivirus scan started automatically when I started up. However, my computer was running very slowly, to the point that I had trouble opening BD, task manager, Start menu, etc. Also, I recieved windows messages that I had no antivirus or firewall enabled, and I selected to activate Bitdefender's, though they should have already been running. After this, I got a message asking if I wanted to allow BD to run wscfix.exe, and I said yes but nothing obvious happened. I was a little baffled and I don't usually have performance problems at all so I just decided to restart and see what happened. While waiting for the computer to restart, a bdagent window popped up saying "out of memory".

2. At the 2nd restart, I experienced the problem mentioned above: no account created, 0 days to expiration, and a security alert. My computer seems to be performing at regular speeds now. Also, both windows and BD agree that antivirus, antispyware, and firewall are active. However, the alert from BD claimed I had not updated in four days, contrary to the BD status on the last restart. I performed an update to fix the security alert, then searched and found this forum, and updated again. At this point "no account created" was still displaying but the correct number of days until expiration was showing. Per your suggestion, I restarted my computer.

3. At third restart, everything seems to be running fine. I am feeling a little skeptical after all that has happened today. Is there an explanation for these behaviors and inconsistencies in BD's status? What can I do to verify my computer is really protected now?

Thanks!

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Rachael,

You are posting in the wrong topic. Create a new topic and explain the actual situation. You will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Also please take a moment of your time to read our Forum Rules from the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=201&id=18

I have set your post as 'Invisible' since the issue discussed in this topic is not the same as the one you are reporting.

Regards,