Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bsod On Install Ts2011 (win7pro64)

Options

Hi,

I uninstalled my TS2010 with the uninstall tool on this site.

Then went to install (online version) TS2011 and during the screen after terms conditions BSOD.

Then tried the install 2x more and same thing.

Tried install (offline version) same thing again, but least this time don't need download 200mb again to retry!

Any help be great, brand new system, was tested fully at system builds.

Only reason went to install TS2011 was that I couldn't get remote desktop to work even though setup 100% same way as my old XP system, Support told me to upgrade.... That was great help :(

Joseph.

Comments

• B_D
    Options

I posted here & sent a email to support said the same info, used uninstall from bd website, then installer from bd website.

This was there responce to BSOD on installing (around what seems to be a scan of running programs BSOD hit)

Dear Joseph,

Please follow the steps below in order to reinstall Bitdefender v2011:

You will first need to uninstall the current version from your PC:

Run the tool from http://bitdefender.com/uninstall

Then, download and run the latest installation kit corresponding to your

BitDefender product from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...2b_purchase.exe

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

Best regards,

Costel Belciu

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

GREAT HELP THERE!!!!

Anyone here on the forums able to help me out??

Joseph

• Hi Joseph,

Be kindly informed that we recommend all our users to upgrade to the newest 2011 version in order to help us find and resolve all possible issues faster.

I took ownership of the ticket you have with us (ID: 201008251009711 ). In order to further investigate the issue you encounter I would kindly ask you to follow the steps I enclosed in the email and send me the logs for analysis.

Please accept my apologies for this misunderstanding, I'll do my best in resolving the issue you encounter in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,

• B_D
    Options

Hi Daniel, email is sent

Joseph

• Sorry to tack on this thread but I am experiencing the same thing.

Clean install (new machine) of Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

When the bit defender does the initial process scan before the installation (I downloaded the full install file as well when the mini installer broke 2x) the machine blue screens.

Help please?

• B_D
    B_D
    edited August 2010
    Options

Daniel I ran the BitDefender Rescue CD as told, nothing was found surprise surprise, new OS install!

Tried running TS2011 install same thing again. (TS2011 64b)

Glad to see it not just me though, sorry busdriver69 :)

Joseph

• B_D
    Options

Daniel, I replied to your email on Friday, any more news been a couple days now....

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello,

B_D: the dump files you sent are currently being analyzed. As soon as I will have the results, I will let you know via email.

busdriver69:

B_D:

Do you happen to have a Conexant HD audio card ?

Does the BSOD occur only if you run the scan @ installation ? Try to cancel the scan and continue the installation without it, you will be able to. Please let me know if the installation is successful. Make sure you remove any traces of BitDefender before trying to install again.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

B_D: the dump files you sent are currently being analyzed. As soon as I will have the results, I will let you know via email.

busdriver69:

B_D:

Do you happen to have a Conexant HD audio card ?

Does the BSOD occur only if you run the scan @ installation ? Try to cancel the scan and continue the installation without it, you will be able to. Please let me know if the installation is successful. Make sure you remove any traces of BitDefender before trying to install again.

Looking forward to your answer!

I cancelled the scan during the installation and I was able to install 2011.

Thanks

• B_D
    Options

This also helped, TS201164b installed. Be instreasting to know what was causing the problem though.

Hopefully when do system scan there will not be crash. We'll see

Thanks for help Daniel, look forward to hearing why it was BSOD'ing.

Joseph

• B_D
    Options

Auto-Logon Scan = Completed

Quick Scan = BSOD!!!!

Seems cancel of scan on install lets program install fine, but scans once running still has problems.

I have disable schedule scans. This makes programs less useful.

Daniel how is the work on fixing my issue going???????

• Please provide me with the requested information on the above post #8

Busdriver69:

Joseph:

If you already have BitDefender installed (as understood from your above reply) please try to run a Deep system scan and see if you get BSOD. Try the same with a Full system scan and a Quick system scan.

Post here the results of the three scans: which one is causing BSOD.

Last but not least, only if you receive BSOD follow the steps below:

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump, put all files from there in an archive, upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (such as THIS one) and send me the download link by PM.

Regards,

• B_D
    Options

Daniel,

As I said Quick scan is causing a BSOD.

I have emailed you the minidump files from the installing scan BSOD as asked a number of days ago, as I think if you tell me the fix for installing scan BSOD this will more than likely fix the quick scan (and probily other two scans) run once installed BSOD.

Is there any news on the BSOD???????

• Hello i remove bitdefender total security 2010 and i did install 2011

when i install the update did not work then i uninstall it when i try to reinstall i got error like this product is already installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried downlaod the uninstaller from www.bitdefender.com/uninstaller then it did not help me is there any new uninstaller for bitdefender 2011?? if you can help about this issue i will be thank ful thanks

• Jim1122
    edited August 2010
    Options

Here is my dumpfile. I had to add .txt to the end of the .zip due to forum regulations not letting me upload it. .txt will need to be renamed for it to be readable. You will also need to right click and save as.

I am experiancing the exact BSOD error. "unavoidable hardware error" when system is scanning.

My build is a gigabyte X58aUD3R Motherboard with SLI nvidia 460's 2gb palit. Newest drivers. OCZ Memory. No overclocks, no software installed other thae windows 7 x64 and motherboard drivers and utilities. Build is brand new.

- Jim

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6668" data-fileid="6668" rel="">083110_13525_01.zip.txt

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi Jim,

Please tell me what type of scan are you trying to run when you get the BSOD. The scan at installation ? If you installed BitDefender then also follow the steps below and send me the SupportTool log file so I can start the analysis.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

I have created a ticket for you with the ID: 201009011009446 and also sent you the instructions via email. Please reply to my email and attach the requested log files.

Regards,

• Daniel, been awhile now, any news on why scanning is causing my computer to BSOD??

• Hello,

I am waiting on an answer from the testing team on when the update to fix this issue will be released. Can you please look at the error message you receive and tell me if the BSOD is caused by ks.sys ?

Also please check your email and provide me with a convenient time and date when we can schedule a remote session.

Regards,

• B_D
    B_D
    edited September 2010
    Options

Daniel,

The BSOD screen says "... uncorrectable hardware error" did not see ks.sys anywhere on screen, if I meant to be looking somewhere else let me know. The BSOD I checked on was caused when running 'Quick Scan'.

I will be re-installing windows sometime this month going to setup a raid0. As such I will not be able to allow remote access. What I will do is once re-setup my system I shall try install TS201164b again and report back via the email sent to me.

Thanks for the help, even though nothing was fixed. I shall hope this issue is just some random thing and my freshly setup system will not suffer these problems.

Joseph.

• Thanks Joseph, I am really curious if the issue will reproduce on the fresh OS installed. Please keep me posted via email.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.