Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Scan Selections Missing On Win7 X64 Bdav Pro 2011

Options

This is a screenshot of the Antivirus-->Virus Scan tab on my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop. It looks normal:

post-35640-1282956439_thumb.jpg

This is a screenshot of the Antivirus-->Virus Scan tab on my Win7 Pro x64 laptop. Its NOT normal:

post-35640-1282956449_thumb.jpg

What happened to the My Documents, Contextual & Device scans? :unsure: They were all there when I first installed BDAV Pro 2011, 10 days ago?!?

Everything else appears to operating normally... I think... :wacko:

The 32bit version is installed on the WinXP desktop & the 64bit version is installed on the Win7 laptop. Both show the same version number - 14.0.23.312, the same Virus signature - 6278984 & the same Engine Version - 7.33596.

Or, were they never there in the 64bit version in the first place and my mind is playing tricks on me?

Comments

• I had noticed the same thing. I restarted my computer and all was fine. Have you tried a restart as of yet? if not i would try that...

• I shut it off every night and turn it on every morning. I will have to look at it tomorrow morning right after power on & booting to see what the screen looks like. Then, check it periodically through out the day.

Even if the screen is correct after a reboot, its still a problem if those scans go away at some point during the day. That just wouldn't be right.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't just seeing things and going crazy.

Gary

• I had noticed the same thing. I restarted my computer and all was fine. Have you tried a restart as of yet? if not i would try that...

You seem to be on to something. Right after powering up this morning, the laptop does display all the scan selections. I'll have to watch it through the day to see if they disappear at some point.

• Hi Nikki,

The reason why you see the tasks in the first screenshot is because that particular task is a "User defined task". That means you have schedule and set that task to run at a certain point. As you did not set the same on the x64 version / Windows 7 it's normal not to be displayed, it does not exist.

Regards,

• Hi Nikki,

The reason why you see the tasks in the first screenshot is because that particular task is a "User defined task". That means you have schedule and set that task to run at a certain point. As you did not set the same on the x64 version / Windows 7 it's normal not to be displayed, it does not exist.

Regards,

Um, respectfully, :wub: no, that is not right. I have no schedule set for the My Documents Scan on the WinXP Pro SP3 desktop system. Furthermore, trying the suggestion made by TheDerekJay, since rebooting the Win7 Pro x64 laptop yesterday (Saturday) morning, those 3 scans are back on the Virus Scan tab of the laptop and stayed there all day. After booting this morning (Sunday) they are still there, so far.

Basically, I have been unable to find a way to reproduce the symptom. :huh:

The only scan set to run on a schedule is the Full System Scan for once a month. Both systems are set up this same way.

On a different subject, Daniel, have you seen the PM I sent you regarding my purchase of BDAV Pro 2011?

Thanks,

Gary

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello Gary,

No offense taken so no worries :) I was talking about the tasks under 'User defined Tasks' sub-menu. I do believe that the issue was resolved with one of the latest product updates released in the last 2 days.

If you encounter any more issues on this matter please let me know, I do need a feedback on it. Further to your PM, yes, I did received it and escalated to my colleagues from the Sales department. I do believe that your request can be handled and resolved :)

Kind regards,

• On both PCs, under User Defined Tasks, the My Documents Scan is part of BDAV when it installs - predefined, if you will. If that was an issue that was addressed in a recent program update, I'll just watch it for awhile and see. I do remember getting at least 2 update reboot messages from BDAV this past week on both systems and I did reboot both so any updates should be fully installed.

That leads me to a question - when program updates are sent out this way, it doesn't appear to me to advance the version number of BDAV, is that correct? My build number on both systems still say 14.0.23.312. I would think the build number would be advanced with these program updates.

Lastly, thanks for passing on the request in my PM.

• Actually the build will change only when a new build version will be released. With major updates no, the version will not change.

If I am counting correctly :P we have released 4 product updates only in the last 3 or 4 days.

• Actually the build will change only when a new build version will be released. With major updates no, the version will not change.

If I am counting correctly :P we have released 4 product updates only in the last 3 or 4 days.

I knew it was a fair number (my wife kept calling me, "BitDefender wants to restart...") ;)

Seems like they should bump some version number/letter so you can recognize which minor release someone has when you are working on a problem with them.

P.S. - Sales is extending the term of my license. :)

• For the minor issues I announce on forum and the users dealing with those issues are announced via email. For major updates a topic is pinned to announce everyone about the released fixes. Bumping a number with each minor fix will make the build number too large in a too short period of time.

Regards,

P.S. I know they are ;)

• OK. I'm just used to seeing version bumps from other software companies for every update, I guess. ^_^

P.S. I figured the "expire in XXX days" will eventually change on the Registration tab.

P.S. 2 Boy, you sure have been busy on the forums today! :o

• It's the decision of the developing team on how and when to change the build version Gary so all I can tell you at this point is to make sure you have BitDefender up to date. If you need any further assistance feel free to ask at any time.

Kind regards,

P.S. Indeed a busy weekend for me :) Topic resolved & closed.

This discussion has been closed.