Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Tray Icon

Options

Now my tray icon won't load. This is one thing after another now and my patience with this software is starting to wear thin. I guess there's not much more to say about this. Is it possible to downgrade back to 2010 if I can't get this to work?

Comments

• Hello,

First of all please keep in mind that you can always revert and install the 2010 version as long as your license key is still valid.

Second note that we need at least the basics information on the issue you encounter and the PC on which you are running BitDefender to faster and better understand the issue you encounter. You have not mentioned the product you are using, your Operating System or your PC architecture (32-bit / 64-bit) so can't really guide you with an advise at this moment.

I have search for any open tickets you may have with us associated with your email address you used when registering however couldn't find any.

Last but not least please follow the steps explained in THIS article and send me the requested log files via PM so we can start the troubleshoot.

Regards,

• Update:

I have created you a ticket with the ID: 201010111007173.

Please check your GMail account for further instructions.

Regards,

• Update:

I have created you a ticket with the ID: 201010111007173.

Please check your GMail account for further instructions.

Regards,

In regards to our Team Viewer chat the other day Danny I wasn't quite clear on what you had intended for the problem we were having with the Tray Icon not appearing at startup. Was I supposed to just hang tough with this or is there going to be a full solution or what? This would be in regards to ID: 201010111007173. By the way, the tray icon still disappears randomly and won't show at boot time. Once again my email is rexpress99@gmail.com. Thanks and sorry for the bother Beings that you already worked with me through Team Viewer I'm sure you know that I'm using Windows 7 HP 32 Bit/4Gb RAM.

• Hello,

The issue has been escalated to the Developing Team. A permanent fix will be released as soon as possible. I will let you know via email when the update will be launched so you will know to update BitDefender and confirm the resolution is working.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenient and feel free to contact me anytime if you need any further assistance!

Regards,

• I am also having this problem, but I am using XPpro SP3. I'd be interested in the solution if you'd like to share it here or I can include my email address if needed.

• Hello,

I have created a ticket for you with the ID 201010171002246. Instructions on how to further investigate were attached to the email just sent. Please reply with the requested log files to help us investigate the issue and find a resolution. Note that the resolution will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your behalf.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Now my tray icon won't load. This is one thing after another now and my patience with this software is starting to wear thin. I guess there's not much more to say about this. Is it possible to downgrade back to 2010 if I can't get this to work?

I had similar problem and have logged fault to customer care (ticket 201012091001473).

Following is description of problem i logged -

i have BD av2010 on Dell 530 with Vista home premium sp2 and decided to do upgrade to BD av2011. Yesterday 8/12/10 after i installed BD av2011 at least 10 startup applications were not started. i noticed this only because 3 of the 10 apps that usually appear in the system tray were not there and the count of loaded apps was only 67 instead of the usual 77. i dont know all the apps that did not start so i uninstalled BD av2011 using BD uninstall tool. after uninstall and reboot the apps that had not started due to update to BD 2011 still did load so i had to do a system restore to recover them. i have now gone back and reinstalled BD 2010 and all is working properly as it did prior to installing BD av2011.

i have read a number posts on BD support forum from users that are having same problem after installing BD av2011 (applications disappearing from system tray etc) so there is clearly a major problem with the current BD av2011. I will continue using Bd av2010 until you have fixed BD av2011 and would appreciate if you would keep me posted on the status of a fix for this issue.

• Hi Tasdemon,

at least 10 startup applications were not started

- name of those icons / applications ?

I believe that an incorect upgrade was made so that's the reason for the issues you had with the 2011 version.

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload the log file HERE

f) when you have a download link send me a PM (Private Message) with it; you will have the results of the analysis as soon as it will be completed.

• There is a good solution to the missing tray icon here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=5095

This discussion has been closed.