Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Saying I've Never Scanned? That's Not True...

Options
bedfordwell
edited October 2010 in Old topics

Title says it all...

Scanned 3-4 times since install, always get a "WARNING" saying there's an issue that needs my attention. When I open up BD it tells me it's never run a scan.

How to correct?

Comments

• Try provide me with more details when you start a topic: first of all WHAT BITDEFENDER PRODUCT ARE YOU USING ?

- What Operating System

- What PC architecture

- a screenshot with any notification / error message involved

- detailed description of the issue you encounter: i.e. what type of scan have you run ? Have you waited to be finished ? Any threats found ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ?

• Try provide me with more details when you start a topic: first of all WHAT BITDEFENDER PRODUCT ARE YOU USING ?

- What Operating System

- What PC architecture

- a screenshot with any notification / error message involved

- detailed description of the issue you encounter: i.e. what type of scan have you run ? Have you waited to be finished ? Any threats found ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ?

Alright, no need to shout. I came here for professional help, not to get an earful. I'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2011.

- Windows Vista 6.0 SP2 32bit

- By architecture I take it you mean: 2GB of RAM, Intel Quad Core2 2.4GHz

- no error message as such, just the usual warnings as featured in the "bdinfo 01.jpg" and then the "never been scanned" message in "bdinfo 02.jpg"

- as far as I can remember there was the Quick scan when it started, then a Deep System scan that was cancelled halfway through, then a Deep System scan that completed, then a Custom scan that scanned the entire computer and took in hidden files and folders and compressed archives. No threats found on any of the scans. Have previously used BitDefender Internet Security 2010.

post-37385-1287424935_thumb.jpg

• Had trouble attaching the image... here it is:

post-37385-1287425063_thumb.jpg

• Hi Kimberley,

Sorry for the CAPS in the previous post, guess I am a little tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. Please accept my apologies, not my intention to offend you.

- PC architecture: 32-bit or 64-bit processor and Operating system, however you enclosed that info already

- please tell me how you've made the upgrade from 2010 to 2011: mention the steps you took, if possible reproduce them exactly

- try to run the following types of scan and let me know if everything went well: open BitDefender in Expert View then go to Antivirus -> Virus Scan

- deep system scan

- full system scan

- contextual scan (right click on a folder and select Scan with BitDefender)

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

I have received the logs you finally sent me and the analysis is now complete. I have noticed that you have two other security solutions except BitDefender installed on your PC. You will need to uninstall the following software:

- TuneUp Utilities

- Spybot Search & Destroy

Restart the PC after the uninstall process is complete. After restart proceed with the repair of BitDefender and let me know if the issue is resolved:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.