Bitdefender 2011

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your support.

I wanted to upgrade to 2011 for testing, being fan of the 2010 version in performance and stability, I came across an old bug fixed in 2010 it's this:

"The BitDefender Firewall does not block internet access when the level of protection of the firewall was set to 'deny all'."...

Indeed, the 2011 version left the firewall open when placed on "deny all" ...

Thank you for resolving this problem.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Any return please?

• The "Deny All" level of the Firewall is to denies all traffic attempts EXCEPT those that match any of the current rules. Meaning if you have rules set into your Firewall that of course that it will allow those software to run and connect to the Internet.

You can remove / disable the Internet connection, reset BitDefender firewall rules having the slider set to Deny All and let me know if the issue still occur. What programs you tested with to see if the internet connection is still active ?

• Thanks for your reply...

I know what i'm talking about, for example, i don't have "Firefox" rules and i set the firewall level to "Deny All" and i can access to internet over Firefox...

It was a old bug of the 2010 witch is resolved now.

And to confirm what i say, i return to 2010 and i made the same test, Firefox cannot connect...

• Hello,

Back after doing some tests. Tried to reproduce the issue on five different machines and I couldn't. Please tell me what OS are you using, what Firefox version along with the virus signatures and the Engine version from the Update tab (having BitDefender in Expert View).

Last but not least follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.