Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pchooklaunch64

Options

pchooklaunch64 keeps crashing for some reason. I don't know whether I should reinstall or not, and if that would solve the problem. I don't know if this can be useful but I get these numbers in the error messages: 0x0000417 0x75b74fc0.

Comments

• dms - first, welcome to the forum :)

Issues with pchooklaunch64 have been discussed before in this topic.

A common cause for this problem is running more than one security program. If you would like your specific issue investigated, please follow the steps below and include as much detail as possible regarding the specific error you are receiving.

Here are the steps:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about this particular PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for tech support to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Hi Dms,

The issue you encounter is a known one, we are working towards a resolution as we speak. However I do need to see the logs generated from your PC also, as it will help us identify the issue and find a resolution faster.

Looking forward to your answer!

• dms
    Options

By the way, I run system shield, which is a sub-program included in System Mechanics, a program from Iolo. I think this is important that I mention.

• nikki605
    edited October 2010
    Options
    By the way, I run system shield, which is a sub-program included in System Mechanics, a program from Iolo. I think this is important that I mention.

Yes, it is very important that you mention any and all other security programs installed on your PC. :)

Thank you!

• Mine crashed before for no reason although i dont have any other active security related software

anyway ive PM'd DanyDan the link for the support dump file

• Hello Labyrinth,

Actually I found some security solutions installed on your PC as follows:

- Spybot - Search & Destroy

- TuneUp Utilities

Because of that the Real Time Protection driver of BitDefender was not installed nor running on your PC therefore BitDefender was not correctly installed.

Uninstall using Add/Remove Programs both mentioned software then restart the PC. After restart re-install BitDefender as explained in the email I've sent you to the email associated with your forum account. Also, I have created you a ticket with the ID: 201008201015172.

Kind regards,

• pchooklaunch64 keeps crashing for some reason. I don't know whether I should reinstall or not, and if that would solve the problem. I don't know if this can be useful but I get these numbers in the error messages: 0x0000417 0x75b74fc0.

Hi-

I am also having the same problem on my Windows 7 x64 machine. I will follow the steps Nikkis layed out and look for your reply.

Thanks !

John

• dms
    Options

5jzmsn.jpg

My intuition tells me there's a virus in my computer that is hindering the program functions.

• Hi Dms,

Does the scan always fails at the same file ?

Try to also start a Contextual scan (right click on the folder and select Scan with BitDefender)of the folder seen also in the screeshot and see if the scan fails at "tracking.log" file.

Next please create an archive with the file, password protect it with the password infected then upload it HERE. Send me a PM with all the info I'll request you in this post.

Note that the System Volume Information folder is where XP stores these points and associated information that makes them accessible. If you have System Restore enabled but don't see this folder, go into [Tools] [Folder Options] [View] and click the radio button next to [show Hidden Files and Folders] and it will be visible.

Next follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

• dms
    Options

25zh076.jpg

Should I just reinstall it?

• dms
    Options

2woj7u0.jpg

What the ###### is Z:\?

• Hi,

No Dms. The Z I believe is a network share (mounted image drive). You can disable the scanning of network shares in the Antivirus scan options as shown in the attached screenshot and it shouldn't scan it anymore.

Regarding the error message I am still waiting for the requested log files.

post-20064-1288282075_thumb.jpg

• dms
    Options

I can't open the file, nor can find the folder. I probably got hacked by a sophisticated group of hackers or something.

• dms
    Options

dqn4n5.jpg

Either Vista was poorly designed or Vista was poorly designed. Can't access the folder at all. It's like building a house with rooms you can't even enter.

• nikki605
    edited October 2010
    Options

What you are seeing with the SVI folder is normal. You can't access the folder contents from Windows Explorer. My Win7 laptop operates the same way. Microsoft defaults it this way for security. The settings can be changed to allow access but I have not bothered on my systems. You don't what to delete, move, rename etc. anything in that folder as it may render System Restore inoperative. That's why it's hidden. There is no reason to access that folder.

Hope that helped,

• dms
    dms
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well, then I can't send the file, sorry.

The AV works better now. I was able to fully scan my computer, but for some reason it doesn't have access to certain files. Why is that? Is this normal? These files seem to be associated with Open Office, but I doubt Open Office would have files that require such protection.

2rep8o7.jpg

• dms
    Options

pchooklaunch64 still keeps crashing though.

• I am getting this crash too. It start yesterday 28.oct.2010. Using Bitdefender Internet SEcurity 2011 x86

pchooklaunch32.jpg

System:

Windows 7 Ultimate x86

C2D E6600

3x1GB DDr2

• Hello,

@Dms: the access to those files was restricted because they are part of an archive so you need to unpack the archive then scan it with BitDefender in order to clean possible infected files.

Keep in mind that we are working towards a resolution to the issue you encounter - crash due to PcHookLaunch64. The resolution will be included in the new build we prepare to launch in the new several days.

I will post an announcement in the forums when the build will be released. All you will need to do would be to update BitDefender then restart the PC for changes to take effect.

Regards,

• dms
    Options

I don't know how to unpack it.

• Hi Dms,

The issue you encounter is a known one, we are working towards a resolution as we speak. However I do need to see the logs generated from your PC also, as it will help us identify the issue and find a resolution faster.

Are you still "working towards a resolution" or did I miss it?

• The resolution hasn't been released yet. It should be delivered via Automatic Updates module the week to come.

• roberto78
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The resolution hasn't been released yet. It should be delivered via Automatic Updates module the week to come.

Hi DanyDan,

I have an error with pchooklaunch64.exe.

pchooklaunch64.exe is crashing!

The error is:

Unknown software exception (0xc0000417)

Location 0x74484fc0

When will you release an Update?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

post-33057-1292143293_thumb.jpg

• The resolution hasn't been released yet. It should be delivered via Automatic Updates module the week to come.

Sorry to be impatient but it's a week later and I'm still getting the error.

What is it that's actually not working because of this file shutting down?

• roberto78
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The resolution hasn't been released yet. It should be delivered via Automatic Updates module the week to come.
    Hello,

I have Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium and Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

I have the same error: Unknown software exception (0xc0000417) with pchooklaunch64.exe.

See there:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=100403

When will you release an update to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

This discussion has been closed.