Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Inside Archives

Options

Hello,

I've got a problem with the "scan inside archive" option in the Deep System Scan. When Bitdefender tries to scan an archive, it really slows down my computer and my hard drive becomes crazy (lots of writing operations I guess). I know that scanning inside archives takes more resources but I tried to limit the size of scanned archives to 5MB, and the result is the same. I didn't have that problem with Bitdefender 2010.

Do you people have the same problem when scanning archives ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello,

Actually the option that will inflict more or less slowdown on your PC is: the level of archive being scanned into. Please check the screenshot and set the value to 2.

Let me know if the issue still persist.

post-20064-1288800047_thumb.jpg

• Thanks I'm gonna try this

Regards,

Naquadax

• I checked the option as indicated. It seems ok when scanning zip files but the issue still persists with archive installers. Bitdefender scans them even if these files are bigger than 5MB.

Should I disable the "Scan installers and chm" option ?

Regards,

Naquadax

• You can disable it however I wouldn't recommend you to. What kind of installers are you referring to ? You can disable the option in the scan process however I strongly recommend you to scan any installer when you download it prior starting the install process.

This discussion has been closed.