Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Won't Start

Options

Hi guys,

I keep getting this message that I never scanned my PC for virusses. When I try to solve the problem it just says 'Unsuccessful' and the scan just won't start.

Could anyone help me with this one?

post-38527-1288443913_thumb.jpg

post-38527-1288443922_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi guys,

I keep getting this message that I never scanned my PC for virusses. When I try to solve the problem it just says 'Unsuccessful' and the scan just won't start.

Could anyone help me with this one?

I have the same problem - i cant start a scan for viruses. I keep getting the message that my pc has never been scanned for viruses and then i go to start the scan and it fails every time....

• I seem to get another errormessage aswell (see attachment).

Also: Forgot to mention I'm using BD Total Security.

post-38527-1288448907_thumb.jpg

• Anyone? :unsure:

• Anyone? :unsure:

I have the same issue, driving me nuts. Thinking of uninstalling and possibly re installing

• Hello,

Next time please post all details you find useful: Operating system and PC architecture, BitDefender product and version you are using, a screenshot of the error message you receive and reproduce the steps you take until this error occur.

In order to solve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode:

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Open the following location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\

After you open the above mentioned location, right-click on "ondemandal.XML" and select "Copy" from the contextual menu.

3. Copy the "ondemandal.XML" file in the next location :

-for Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

-for Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

Choose Yes when you will be asked if you want to replace the file.

NOTE:

- By default, the folder Application Data or AppData is hidden.

- on Windows XP you will need to confirm replacing the file (click on Yes)

- on Windows 7 you will need to choose the first option when copying the file "Copy and Replace"

Please follow the steps below in order to be able to see that folder:

[show hidden files and folder]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista or 7 you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

4. Now start your computer in Normal Mode and let me know if the same issues occurs.

If you find this resolution useful please rate the topic with a note from 1 to 5 (stars) from the upper right corner of the window so others can find it easier and take advantage of the same steps presented in this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Nolimits04
    edited November 2010
    Options

Thanks for the solution Daniel.

But it seems that only a part of the problem has been resolved; BDefender starts scanning now, but 5 to 10 seconds into the scan the PC just freezes, sometimes even a Blue Screen of Death. :unsure:

• Thanks for the solution Daniel.

But it seems that only a part of the problem has been resolved; BDefender starts scanning now, but 5 to 10 seconds into the scan the PC just freezes, sometimes even a Blue Screen of Death. :unsure:

I've uninstalled the program correctly (with uninstall tool + ccleaner) and now when I try to reinstall BD my PC freezes when trying to scan (before installing) and I get a Blue screen saying: "A Clock interrupt was not received...".

Can anyone help me out with this one? :unsure:

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi,

I have created a ticket and sent you instructions via email on how to start the troubleshooting. Please check your inbox and send me back the generated log files.

Ticket ID: 201011131006145.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.