Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Impaired Internet Access After Hibernation

Options
winnall
edited November 2010 in Old topics

I have a Windows XP operating system ( home edition, version 2002, service Pack 3,)

I have installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 after using Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 for six months.

When I finish using my computer I perform" hibernate" rather than shut down to provide a quick restart. Since I've been using Bitdefender I've noticed that Internet access (browser and e-mail) is considerably impaired subsequent to restarting from hibernation.

If however, I do a shut down and reboot, Internet access returns to normal.

I never experienced any problems of this nature when using my previous Internet security software and the problem seems only to have existed since the installation of Bitdefender.

Are there any issues of this type known in Bitdefender, please?

Regards Peter Winnall

Comments

• Hello,

I do suspect a not correct upgrade from 2010 to 2011. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Have tried to follow the instructions provided but no file was placed on my desktop.

Where else could the file be , please?

Please note that this problem existed with BD 2010 as well, but not with the security software I was using before (AVG).

Regards Peter Winnall

• Please doublecheck for the file. Have you disabled your Internet connection before starting generating the logs?

• I have checked D/top screen minutely. I have also checked all the most likely named files in various folders for one created at the time and date that I completed the stated instructions.

Can you tell me the actual name of the file, please?

Regards Peter Winnall

• I have run the instructions again. Is the following the file you need:-

BDSP GEMINI 2010 11 06 13:44.ZIP

I shall try to upload it.

Regards Peter Winnall

• Yes, that's the file I need to check.

• Yes, that's the file I need to check.

Hello,

Did my upload reach you OK?

I appreciate that it will take time to analyse after you receive it, but it would help to know that it arrived!

Regards Peter Winnall

• I have not had any response since I sent my message asking for confirmation that you had received the file which you requested.

The problem is still outstanding. I have performed one update since then but problem still persists.

Regards

Peter Winnall

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Peter,

Searched for your message but couldn't find any. I haven't received any PM (private message) from you nor any email received by us associated with your Forum email address. Please upload it again. If you can't simply check for your email, follow the steps enclosed in my message then reply with the created file.

Ticket ID: 201011281016052.

Last but not least please define what you mean by "Impaired Internet Access".

Looking forward to your answer and please accept my apologies for the delay.

This discussion has been closed.