Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect

Options

Hi,

I have just purchased BitDefender Total Sec 2011, and have installed it on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. When I try to run it I get an error with the bdagent.exe saying it failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. I found this article on the support forum (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21906) and followed it, but I still get the error!!

I have just emailed support but have been told it could take 48hrs for a reply. I cannot wait 48hrs without Anti-virus! Any help appreciated??

Thanks,

Matt.

Comments

• Thanks. I have tried that suggestion word for word (both articles refer to the same Forum Topic), but still no good.

• Hi Matt,

I have created a ticket and sent you instructions on how to further proceed. I would like to assist you in trying to resolve this issue. Kindly note that the issue is NOT related to BitDefender but Microsoft Windows related.

Your ticket ID is: 201011031007821.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Thank you. I've replied to your email.

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Can't connect to the provided ID. Mind having the PC turned on and Teamviewer started with Windows ? Also tried to call you and left you a voice message since you haven't answer the phone.

Please send me a reply via email with a convenient time when I can reach you.

Regards,

• Daniel, I've sent you another email. Can you connect to my PC tomorrow please? Thanks.

• I have contacted your support desk by phone and they said I needed to wait for you Daniel to connect to the my machine. I have been available all morning, as expressed in my email, and am now not available until 4pm UK time.

I have tried the previous forum topic of a complete uninstall and C++ Redistributable removal, etc. again and it has made no difference. I have now been without AV for 3 days. Please can someone contact me or I will requesting a full refund.

• Hi Matt,

I was not in the office on Friday, however I will be available tomorrow - Sunday November 7th. Please send me a PM with a phone number where I can reach you and a convenient time where you can be reached by phone.

• I'm trying to install the BidDefender Total Security 2011 in a brand new laptop with Win7 64bit,

and I get the same issue that the application has failed to start because of its side-by-side

configuration is incorrect. I don't have any Microsoft C++ libraries listed in the in windows

installation list. What is the solution for this?

Thanks

• I'm trying to install the BidDefender Total Security 2011 in a brand new laptop with Win7 64bit,

and I get the same issue that the application has failed to start because of its side-by-side

configuration is incorrect. I don't have any Microsoft C++ libraries listed in the in windows

installation list. What is the solution for this?

Thanks

After trying a couple of times the reinstall, I read somewhere that another tool needed the

Microsoft C++ libraries and the install failed because of the lack of such libraries. So,

downloaded the BitDefender Uninstall tool, unistalled it. Went to to Microsoft site at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...bf-9350143d5867

And installed the C++ Libraries. Then reinstalled BitDefender Total Security 2011 and

it worked.

The links on the previous postings gave the impression that BitDefender would be installing

those, but it wasn't my case. The manual install of C++ libraries worked.

Thanks,

• Glad to see the issue is resolved now fxguy. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

This discussion has been closed.