Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Holdemmanager Stopped Working?

Options

Hi,

As Oasis00 and another user. Holdem Manager has stopped working. I'm not sure whether it's an update you have put on your product, but Holdem Manager no longer works in tandem with Bit Defender. I can not connect to Postegre. I've tried configuring the firewalls, but nothing is working.

The product I have is Bit Defender Total Security 2011.

I'm using Vista.

I also downloaded your product directly from the site.

This is definately an issue with BitDefender. As soon as I take BitDefender off my system Holdem Manager works.

Like Oasis00, I have been very inconvenienced by this matter and have had two days trying everything to get Holdem Manager and Bit Defender to work in tandem.

If the two can not work together, I will have to ask for a refund. I purchased BitDefender on the back of a recommendation, but unless this problem is fixed, I will have to tell fellow poker players to stay well away from Bit Defender.

I hope you can sort the problem out very soon. I've already had two days off the tables, which will cost me roughly $100.

Yours in anticipation.

Comments

• When I attempt to connect to HoldemManager, I get the message.

The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

• I'll ask the same question as was asked of Oasis00 in the other topic - can you provide BD tech support with the download link for the specific version of software program you are using and is there a cost to download and install it?

Tech support will need to install the program and test it in order to identify and resolve the issue.

Awaiting your reply,

• http://www.holdemmanager.com/buy/1/Hold%27Em+Manager

You won't have to purchase it - there is a trial version on the right hand side you can click. The programme works with Postegresql - version 8.4 http://www.postgresql.org/

I'm not sure why it has suddenly stopped working after two months? Annoying.

• http://www.holdemmanager.com/buy/1/Hold%27Em+Manager

You won't have to purchase it - there is a trial version on the right hand side you can click. The programme works with Postegresql - version 8.4 http://www.postgresql.org/

I'm not sure why it has suddenly stopped working after two months? Annoying.

Thank you for the download link and the additional information about it's use. This will be a big help to tech support in investigating your issue.

Please allow them some time to test and respond.

Regards,

• Thank you for the download link and the additional information about it's use. This will be a big help to tech support in investigating your issue.

Please allow them some time to test and respond.

Regards,

I'm happy to be of help. I do find it most frustrating that Bit Defender has chosen that I can't access software that I've spent over £200 on. What makes it even more annoying is that it had been working for 2 months when I first purchased your product. I'm having to play poker on a laptop and my winnings have significantly dropped to $40 per day.

I hope you can sort this problem out soon.

Thanks

• AndriesH
    AndriesH
    edited November 2010
    Options

I also have this problem since installing BD IS 2011 this morning. I use PostgreSQL 8.4 itself in my work and it stopped working immediately after upgrading my BD 2010 to BD 2011. After I finally uninstalled BD 2011, postgres resumed working.

I have tried the following :

• Rebooted. - didn't help.
    • I added all the postgres files to the exclusion list. - didn't help.
    • I added the postgres root directory to the path exclusion list. - didn't help.
    • I switched off every BD feature I could find, including live scanning, firewall, etc. - didn't help.
    • Reinstalled postgres with BD features switched off - didn't help.
    • Uninstall BD. Now postgres works again!

Considering that PostgreSQl has a ±30% market share, this is a big market that BD is shutting itself out of!

I also hope this can be fixed quickly!!!!

• I also have this problem since installing BD IS 2011 this morning. I use PostgreSQL 8.4 itself in my work and it stopped working immediately after upgrading my BD 2010 to BD 2011. After I finally uninstalled BD 2011, postgres resumed working.

I have tried the following :

• Rebooted. - didn't help.
    • I added all the postgres files to the exclusion list. - didn't help.
    • I added the postgres root directory to the path exclusion list. - didn't help.
    • I switched off every BD feature I could find, including live scanning, firewall, etc. - didn't help.
    • Reinstalled postgres with BD features switched off - didn't help.
    • Uninstall BD. Now postgres works again!

Considering that PostgreSQl has a ±30% market share, this is a big market that BD is shutting itself out of!

I also hope this can be fixed quickly!!!!

Doesn't look like it's going to be fixed any time soon.

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi,

AndriesH: to what exclusions are you referring to ? Those in the Antivirus tab ? Do you have AVC / IDS enabled ? If so, what is the level of the slider for each of these options ? You can check them under Antivirus -> Custom Settings.

Try to disable each of them and see if the issue persist. Try to disable the Real Time Protection and see if the issue still occur. Last but not least can you please explain what you mean by "stopped working" ? I can't really reproduce the issue if you don't tell me what exactly is happening.

Ram Candy: what makes you that certain ?

Bottom line: give me ANY information you may find useful so I can reproduce the issue. I will also install Hold'Em Manager on a machine and see if I encounter any issues. You will have my answer as soon as I am able to reproduce the issue and find a resolution / workaround for it.

• Hi,

AndriesH: to what exclusions are you referring to ? Those in the Antivirus tab ? Do you have AVC / IDS enabled ? If so, what is the level of the slider for each of these options ? You can check them under Antivirus -> Custom Settings.

Try to disable each of them and see if the issue persist. Try to disable the Real Time Protection and see if the issue still occur. Last but not least can you please explain what you mean by "stopped working" ? I can't really reproduce the issue if you don't tell me what exactly is happening.

Ram Candy: what makes you that certain ?

Bottom line: give me ANY information you may find useful so I can reproduce the issue. I will also install Hold'Em Manager on a machine and see if I encounter any issues. You will have my answer as soon as I am able to reproduce the issue and find a resolution / workaround for it.

Holdem Manager worked and then all of a sudden it didn't work. When I clicked on HEM it came up with the message - Failed to establish a connection to "127.0.0.1". I tried all the work arounds listed on the Holdem Manager forums, but nothing has worked.

It's becoming pretty apparent that this issue probably won't get fixed any time soon. I'd like my money back please.

• Strange :huh: 127.0.0.1 is the loopback adapter address.

127.0.0.1 is the standard IP address used for a loopback network connection. This means that if you try to connect to 127.0.0.1, you are immediately looped back to your own machine. 127.0.0.1 is also referred to as “localhost”, meaning ‘this computer’.

Seems odd that it would be trying to make that connection.

• Hello,

I have reproduced the installation issue and we are currently working on a fix. As soon as a fix / workaround will be available I will post it in here.

The issue is considered as high priority, I am sure we will resolve it in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

I am close in finishing the resolution. Any of you is available during the Weekend for a remote session ?

@Ram Candy:

@AndriesH:

If any of you two is available for a remote session either Saturday or Sunday please let me know. Send me a PM with the convenient time and day, TeamViewer ID and password AND a phone number where I can reach you.

Send the above info via PM ONLY (private message). Do NOT post them here!

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello, just to pitch in on this discussion:

this is definitely a PostgreSQL issue. I tried running PostgreSQL 8.4 on Windows Vista with Bitdefender. The database server installation is successful, but starting the server fails. The event log has the following error message: "could not map view of backend variables: error code 6".

Please let me know if anyone figures out a workaround/fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Markku

This discussion has been closed.