Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 And Windows 7 Action Center 64 Bits

Options
martialf
edited November 2010 in Old topics

Bonjour

My Bitdefender 2011 indicate that my computer is protected and my real time antivivirus protection is on

BUT Windows 7 64 bits home edition often say via the action center that i must turn on my Bitdefender antivirus (important security alert)

So wich is right ? Windows or Bitdefender ?

How to correct this situation?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi there,

For start you need to test whether the Real Time Protection is working properly.

To check this you can click on this link and it should be blocked by BitDefender:

http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip

The page is absolutely clean,it's just a test page so no need to worry.

If the Real Time protection is working properly(if it blocks the test file) then the reports you are receiving from the Security Center should be false.

A possible solution would be for you to:

1. Go to Start

2. In the Search box type: services.msc and hit Enter

3. Stop the following 2 services but do not change their startup type or anything:

Security Center

Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\ and remove the following folder:Repository

5. Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs.

• Hi there,

For start you need to test whether the Real Time Protection is working properly.

To check this you can click on this link and it should be blocked by BitDefender:

http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip

The page is absolutely clean,it's just a test page so no need to worry.

If the Real Time protection is working properly(if it blocks the test file) then the reports you are receiving from the Security Center should be false.

A possible solution would be for you to:

1. Go to Start

2. In the Search box type: services.msc and hit Enter

3. Stop the following 2 services but do not change their startup type or anything:

Security Center

4. Go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\ and remove the following folder:Repository

5. Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs.

• Thanks for yours comments and suggestion

I am now since two hours in front my computer and i didn't see for now the alert message from action center

I must say that when i open my computer i have updated Windows and Bitdefender also (Bitdefender total security ask to reboot after the update)

Next time i see this alert message i will try to send the '''virus '' from the link you give in your reply

Thanks again

Martial

• Bonjour

I got now the same alert message from Windows (turn on Bitdefender antivirus (important))

I go with http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip

And Bitdefender stop it

I have stopped

Security Center

But i don't like to stop one important function about security and health of my system

but i did it

And my system don't accept to delete the Repositoryfolder even after uncheck read only proprieties

And finally it would be better if Bitdefender total security was corrected for this situation After all the 2010 version was ok for this

I will wait and finally i think it is better to have an alert message then unplug the alert source on Windows

• Hi Martial,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Allo

J'ai envoyé le fichier créé à l'aide du support tool

I have sent the file producted by the support tool

I see in my Windows live mail that the message has been sent but my service provider has sent me this message

Adresse du destinataire : noreply@bitdefender.com

Raison : SMTP transmission failure has occurred

Code de diagnostic : smtp;552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit (#5.3.4)

Système distant : dns;mail.bitdefender.com (TCP|10.23.32.20|33214|91.199.104.2|25) (elfie ready ESMTP)

I have also put in in sent it to sendspace

You have successfully uploaded a file called BDSP_MARTIAL-PC_2010_11_14_11_14.zip (23.1 MB), to sendspace.

Thanks

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have also put in in sent it to sendspace

You have successfully uploaded a file called BDSP_MARTIAL-PC_2010_11_14_11_14.zip (23.1 MB), to sendspace.

Thanks

When you upload a file to sendspace, it provides you with a download link that you must PM to DanyDan. Without the download link, DanyDan will not be able to get the file.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.