Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Couple Problems.

Options

First and foremost, the much common problem with the websites being blocked. I have followed the instructions, clearing the cache and cookies, and rebooting, but to no help for me. I noticed when I run it in Game Mode, everything works, all sites load, however in Google, all sites have a red exclamation mark next to them, which makes it difficult to distinguish which site is actually reliable. In other words, I can only view websites when in Game Mode, which I'm not sure how safe it is.

Secondly.. My scheduled full system scan is always for Sunday at 1 am, yet for some reason, it seems to run every morning at around 4 am, and finds the same threat over and over which just appears to be a cookie. I cannot be more specific on this right now, because I haven't copied the specifics of the scan info down, but the next time it runs unexpectedly I'll try to be able to catch it and monitor it.

I am on Windows 7, 64-bit. :unsure:

Comments

• To clarify on the full system scan. I just went out for a while to get a few things, came back and my antivirus has started to run a full scan but was paused, with 22 minutes left (estimated time). The scan is less than half way done and has found 2 infected items.

It's very weird because for one, it started the scan by itself on its own time. And now it paused it itself. Almost as if somebody else is operating my antivirus software, it's quite scary.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

The chances of somebody hacking into my computer and controlling it from another location are slim to none. Besides that, we are on Fios here, which is an encrypted network, password protected to get in, you must have the routers WEP code to get on. Everything else seems to be running fine, except for the oddities withing BD 2011. Any help to cater to my specific problems would be extremely appreciated. TY

• By default, BD installs with the option to perform a full system scan after the system is idle for 30 minutes. I believe this may be what you are seeing happen. You didn't mention which BD product you are using, but on my Antivirus Pro 2011, it is under Antivirus-->Virus Scan. Here is a screenshot of the option. The location of the option was moved in a recent program update, so it may be on a different tab depending on the BD product you have installed. Uncheck the option box and see if that resolves your issue.

post-35640-1289499731_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• By default, BD installs with the option to perform a full system scan after the system is idle for 30 minutes. I believe this may be what you are seeing happen. You didn't mention which BD product you are using, but on my Antivirus Pro 2011, it is under Antivirus-->Virus Scan. Here is a screenshot of the option. The location of the option was moved in a recent program update, so it may be on a different tab depending on the BD product you have installed. Uncheck the option box and see if that resolves your issue.

post-35640-1289499731_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Thanks a ton, I was looking for an option like this, and didn't even know it existed. This solves one of my problems. I am using AV Pro 2011.

• Well, we got the easy one out of the way. ;) Glad for that, anyway.

• The blocked website issue is resolved. Please update BitDefender and install the latest product updates.

This discussion has been closed.