Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spyware From Government Agencies Is White Listed ?

Options

I have heard that symantec Norton has white listed spyware from government agencies like but not limited to Magic Lantern.

Kaspersky does not.

Does Bitdefender work in collaboration with government agencies and has white listed their spyware, so it will not be detected?

I would appreciate any thoughts on that.

Comments

• csalgau
    Options

I'll start by saying I personally have no tangible information available about this issue, but I can make one informed speculation.

Chances are that any such files would not be explicitly labelled with their origin or otherwise traceable to any agency, or they would probably have a lot of angry people to deal with. If no such traces are available, there would be no reason for new virus analysts, or those that have not been informed of such a conspiracy, not to remove white-lists on such blatant security risks.

With that said, without a sample to check against, I am unable to provide an actual answer.

This discussion has been closed.