Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Program Is Not Running When Bitdefender Is Installed

Options

I am a developer, and my customers have raised the issue that my program will not run when BitDefender is installed. Shortly after starting, my app just disappears. My processes are no longer shown in Task Manager. Neither my program or BitDefender give any indication to the reason for the error.

I have tried to follow the steps from other threads a produce a support trace from my computer, but after sitting for an hour, supporttool still appears to be doing nothing. It says "executing tools", and the progress bar has not started to move yet. I suspect it's stuck.

Anyway, what can we do to resolve the application issue? I can probably make a little test app that will show the problem for you?

Comments

• P.S. Adding my program as an "Exclusion", and indeed completely disabling "Real-time protection" still does not allow it to run successfully.

• Which BD product(s) are installed - Antivirus Pro, Internet Security, Total Security? A mix of all three?

Are they all the 2011 version(s) or a mix of different versions?

Which OS do the affected PCs use - XP, Vista, Win7, 32-bit, 64-bit, or a mix?

If tech support thought it was necessary, could you make a copy of your program available to them for testing purposes?

Regards,

• I've tested with Total Security, running on XP. I have PMd DD with a copy of a program to reproduce the problem.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi surfdabbler

@and my customers have raised the issue that my program will not run when BitDefender is installed. Shortly after starting, my app just disappears.

Try to run programs with

1)AVC disabled

2)IDS disabled

3)Both AVC and IDS disabled

You will find how to disable AVC and IDS from

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Support\offlinemanual\html\antivirus.shield.ids.html

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Support\offlinemanual\html\antivirus.shield.avc.html

(Considering Bitdefender installed at C:\Program Files\BitDefender)

Also mention what programs you and your customers are running.

@It says "executing tools", and the progress bar has not started to move yet. I suspect it's stuck.

How long do you wait for that as it takes some time to complete.

• Checked the PM and the tool however crashed upon running it. Is it compatible with Windows 7 ?

Check your PM for more info about the crash. Also follow the instructions ONT posted above and let me know the results.

Thanks!

• @ONT - Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tested it with AVC and IDS disabled. Also put in an exclusion for my application, and also turned off virus checking altogether. Still would not work. Once BitDefender is uninstalled, and the machine rebooted, the app can run OK again.

@DanyDan - Yes, app runs fine on Win7 without BitDefender. Obviously, with BD installed, yes it crashes. :) Sent you another PM with some more details for you to try.

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi again Surfdabbler,

My final tests are completed and I have escalated our entire discussion to my colleagues from the Dev. team. As soon as I will have an answer I will let you know via email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ticket ID: 201011171006147.

Kind regards,

• Any response from the dev team yet?

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello,

The issue will be resolved with the release of the new Self Protect driver (bdselfpr.sys) we will launch soon. I will notify you via email when the sys will be released.

This discussion has been closed.