Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Call Of Duty Black Ops Problems

Options

I recently purchased Black Ops for my PC which has been running bitdefeneder for over a year now. I am unable to play the game with 2011 installed as it seems to wreak havoic on the game play. I have tried switching BD to game mode turning everything off etc and still the game is unplayable. If I completely remove BD 2011 the game plays fine. This does not seem to affect any other games but this one. I removed it to play the game and today they released a patch to fix some game issues so I re-installed BD to see if the game patch fixed the issue. I had no effect. The game engine for the Call of Duty games has been around for a while so I am not sure why I am having issues now with this game or what the trouble might be. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Any suggestions of possible route to go? Other than just leaving it off the pc (not what I want).

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• George R.
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello Steve,

When you disabled all the features, did you also disable AVC / IDS ? In Expert Mode select the Antivirus tab -> Advanced settings

• I to am having the same issues with black ops- it will switch to game mode but the game is unplayable. I updated from bit defender 2010 to 2011 & still have the issue.

windows vista 64 bit home premium.

any ideas ?

• Hello Steve,

When you disabled all the features, did you also disable AVC / IDS ? In Expert Mode select the Antivirus tab -> Advanced settings

• Hello Steve,

omg!

i deactivated everything including AVC / IDS and the game runs fine!

with bitdefender active the game is unplayable... there must be somekind a problem!

we need a fix for bitdefender ASAP!

cheers

• Thanks George for the quick response.

I put bitdefender back in this morning and tested with suggested settings and it seems to be running OK.

disabled AVC and IDS was already off by default I believe. Would game mode not already turn off AVC?

I also messed around with the gaming mod settings adding BlackOps to the automatic game mode startup and

set the firewall to allow all went it starts.

Im not sure if that fixed the problem or as I believe (think I noticed) there was a update installed this morning and

that it was the reason I stopped having problems.

Either way it seems to be working fine this morning. :wub:

A cautionary note though is that it seems to work sometimes so I may return with the problem is back

Thanks for the suggestions and quick help.

Attached pics of settings changed!

post-38990-1289661260_thumb.png

post-38990-1289661270_thumb.png

post-38990-1289661281_thumb.png

• Hey Steven,

Glad to see the issue is resolved now. I do believe that was due to the AVC being enabled and set to aggressive. That feature is not recommended to be enabled while playing a game. You can however have it enabled but make sure you have the EXE file you open to play the game added as an exception into AVC module.

Case resolved, topic closed.

• 1º install windows xp

2º install bitdefender 2011

3º bitdefender mode game

4º launch black ops.

5º play

tnk.

win 7 and black ops = asdjflajsdlfjaoiejfoaijwke$·%"·$%"$·%"AEW

win xp and black ops and bitdefender mo :wub: de game

This discussion has been closed.