Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cabinet File Bdprof.cab Corrupt [solved]

Options

I had BitDefender 2008 and when the subscription ran out I renewed and was trying to install 2011 but I am getting the error "Cabinet file bdprof.cab for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD Rom, or a problem with this package." This is a home installation using Windows XP Professional and IE 8. I have uninstalled BD 2008, rebooted my PC and attempted the install twice and continue to get this error. I also remember having problems with 2008 install so hopefully someone can help since I have paid for a product I am unable to use. Thank you.

Comments

• Which BD 2011 product are you trying to install - Antivirus, Internet security or Total Security? Probably 32-bit, correct? How did you uninstall BD 2008? Where did you get the BD 2011 product that you are trying to install?

I would suggest these steps:

1. Download and run the BD 2011 Uninstall Tool from HERE. Note that this tool will also remove previous versions of BD, like 2008.

2. Wait to be prompted and then reboot the PC.

3. Download CCleaner from HERE.

4. Install CCleaner using the default options (you can deselect any toolbars that are offered if you choose) then start it.

5. Perform both types of cleaning: Temporary files (first icon on the left hand - the blue paintbrush) and Windows Registry cleaning. Do NOT backup the registry entries before removing them.

6. Close CCleaner

7. Reboot the PC again.

8. Download the full installation file of whichever BD product you are trying to install from the list of links found in THIS TOPIC.

9. Run the BD full installation file and follow the on-screen prompts.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

• Hi Gary,

That worked!! Thank you very much for the information and for the quick reply.

Beth

Which BD 2011 product are you trying to install - Antivirus, Internet security or Total Security? Probably 32-bit, correct? How did you uninstall BD 2008? Where did you get the BD 2011 product that you are trying to install?

I would suggest these steps:

1. Download and run the BD 2011 Uninstall Tool from HERE. Note that this tool will also remove previous versions of BD, like 2008.

2. Wait to be prompted and then reboot the PC.

3. Download CCleaner from HERE.

4. Install CCleaner using the default options (you can deselect any toolbars that are offered if you choose) then start it.

5. Perform both types of cleaning: Temporary files (first icon on the left hand - the blue paintbrush) and Windows Registry cleaning. Do NOT backup the registry entries before removing them.

6. Close CCleaner

7. Reboot the PC again.

8. Download the full installation file of whichever BD product you are trying to install from the list of links found in THIS TOPIC.

9. Run the BD full installation file and follow the on-screen prompts.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

• Wow, that was quick - glad it worked for you. :)

Please start a new topic if any other issues arise.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.