Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Antiphishing Toolbar Not Active In Firefox.

Options
MorroWilders
edited November 2010 in Old topics

The pinned thread reads that the Antiphishing Toolbar from Bitdefender should be compatible with all future v3 versions of firefox...but in the add on list it shows that it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.12. Has this been reported already?

I have BitDefender AV Pro 2011 installed by the way.

Comments

• The BitDefender Antiphishing is compatible with Firefox 3.6.12. Please check the attached screenshot. Right click on BitDefender icon and select 'About'. Take a screenshot of that window, save it as JPG then attach it to this topic.

post-20064-1289918171_thumb.jpg

• Ok here is the requested screenshot.

post-39107-1289920476_thumb.jpg

• I see you do not have the latest updates installed. Right click on the BitDefender icon and select "Update Now". Wait for the update to be downloaded and install then restart the PC when requested.

Check to have the following build: 14.0.24.330. When you have the latest build installed check to see if the toolbar is enabled.

• I just did what you suggested and checked, but the build number is still the same? I just thought of something, i got my 1 PC for 1 year license yesterday through this promo on V3 Software:

http://giveaway.v3.co.uk/

Maybe it was a special edition for this promo?(Although i seriously doubt it.)

• I have the same issue with Firefox 3.6.12.

post-31695-1289927128_thumb.jpg

• Strange while you have the build DanyDan mentioned. Two different builds with the same problem, with the difference that you could update to 330 build while i can not so it seems. Would there be a difference if you install it with a ofline installer or a online installer?

• Strange while you have the build DanyDan mentioned. Two different builds with the same problem, with the difference that you could update to 330 build while i can not so it seems. Would there be a difference if you install it with a ofline installer or a online installer?

I used the offline full version installer because I have three computers and limited bandwidth and the program is HUGE!!! Over 350meg after updates. It updates fine, but like you there is no indication that it is working in Firefox other than there is an add-on for BD in FF. See attached

post-31695-1289928442_thumb.jpg

• Yeah that is how it looks for me as well in Firefox.

And at least it is good to see that the type of installer is apparently not the cause then as far as my build not becoming the 330 build. The Virus signatures where this morning:

Virus signatures: 6249592

Engine Version: 7.34681

Right now they are:

Virus Signatures: 6251976

Engine Version: 7.34686

So at least those update.

• Yeah that is how it looks for me as well in Firefox.

And at least it is good to see that the type of installer is apparently not the cause then as far as my build not becoming the 330 build. The Virus signatures where this morning:

Virus signatures: 6249592

Engine Version: 7.34681

Right now they are:

Virus Signatures: 6251976

Engine Version: 7.34686

So at least those update.

I just updated and mine are the same exactly.

• I just updated and mine are the same exactly.

That is good to know, thanks shpshftr.

*DanyDan(Or any one who can answer it with certainty.)

I just downloaded the online installer, just incase i want to try re-installing BitDefender. But i am not certain if the License code i got yesterday will be accepted by this installer. It should i guess, but one can never be sure enough.

• MorroWilders
    edited November 2010
    Options

Sorry about the double post but it seems i can not edit my previous post any more.

But i took a chance and un-installed my previous version of BitDefender AV Pro 2011 with the un-install tool for it, cleaned the registry and then installed the Program through the online installer. It updated to the latest signatures so far...and the build number is now 14.0.23.312??

What the...but the good thing is that now the anti phishing toolbar does work and now i also have BitDefender in my local language. Always great when that happens, despite the fact that my english is good. :D

• Ah yes this version finally automatically updated to the 330 build. And the Anti Phishing toolbar still works. Now i am 98% sure it was related to the programs installer type. Oh well, for me this problem is solved. :)

• Ah yes this version finally automatically updated to the 330 build. And the Anti Phishing toolbar still works. Now i am 98% sure it was related to the programs installer type. Oh well, for me this problem is solved. :)

I fixed mine too but differently. I turned off AntiPhishing in BD and completely uninstalled Firefox after saving my bookmarks. I removed all files in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla. I then turned AntiPhishing in BD back on and reinstalled Firefox. Problem solved. But it just amazes me the the number of problem BD presents in almost every aspect of computer operation. If the AV wasn't so good I would dump this program in a heartbeat. So...my quest to find better continues, it's just a matter of time.

• Hello,

@MorroWilders: The online installer is a small file that, once open, it will start downloading the rest of the installation files. This type of installation is NOT recommended for those using a low internet connection type.

The Offline installer (the 240MB file) is the installer you use in case you do not have internet connection on that PC. I, for one, am using the offline installer all the times to avoid the risk of reinstalling the product (an example would be to have your Internet connection cut-off while the setup is downloading the necessary files).

@shpshftr: Thanks for the workaround, I have added it into my database and made a canned response after it. Cheers!

Case resolved for both of you, topic closed.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.