Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control & In Private Navigation

Options

Hi,

I recently purchased Bitdefender for small Business.

I have installed Bit Defender Internet Security 2011 on the clients computers.

I have activated Parental Control for regular users and asked for web history record.

However, when I consult this history, there is no record, but I can see that IE is regurlaly launched.

I know that the user is using the In Private option from Internet Explorer.

So does this means that Bit Defender is tricked by this option and that no record is made?

Thank you for your help !

Valyno

Comments

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello,

Please check the attached screenshot and then check to see what logs you have in the same location.

post-20064-1290005962_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Please check the attached screenshot and then check to see what logs you have in the same location.

Hi,

Thank you for swift reply.

I don't have access to the computer now, but I am almost sure that it is the location I ckecked to look at the history.

• Hello,

Hi,

I cheked the logs as indicated: it's blanked.

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Valyno,

Thanks for the update. I will conduct some tests and then, if the issue reproduce on my end, I will pass all the info to my colleagues from the Developing team. They will come with a resolution in the shortest time possible.

What OS are you using on those PCs ?

Clear something for me please: "I recently purchased Bitdefender for small Business". What product are you referring to ?

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Back with the results of the tests I conducted. Tried to reproduce the issue you encounter with the Internet logs not being saved and I couldn't reproduce it.

Checked the attached screenshots. Please tell me: what is your Internet connection type ? Are you behind a proxy ? Note that the Parental Control only works on the port 80 so, if you are using a proxy on a different port then the Parental Control won't work. It will be just like the module does not exist.

If you use a proxy on the port 80 then the Parental Control will also work and all logs will be stored and available.

post-20064-1290094063_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1290094071_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1290094077_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1290094085_thumb.jpg

• Back with the results of the tests I conducted. Tried to reproduce the issue you encounter with the Internet logs not being saved and I couldn't reproduce it.

Checked the attached screenshots. Please tell me: what is your Internet connection type ? Are you behind a proxy ? Note that the Parental Control only works on the port 80 so, if you are using a proxy on a different port then the Parental Control won't work. It will be just like the module does not exist.

If you use a proxy on the port 80 then the Parental Control will also work and all logs will be stored and available.

Hi Dany,

Thank you very much for your time!

You got it right: the PC's are behind a proxy, on a different port..

There is no way to change the listening port of BitDefender module?

I am using Internet Internet security 2011 (part of the Small Office pack..)

• Don't know if we change add another port. The Parental Control works on the 80 port. I will pass a question to the dev. team and let you know.

• valyno
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Don't know if we can add another port. The Parental Control works on the 80 port. I will pass a question to the dev. team and let you know.

Thank you for your help.

This discussion has been closed.