Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Home Network

Options

Hi,

I've got 2 computers. I installed IS2011 on both of them and I want to enable the home network feature. The one pc I made a server and the other one a client. On both the computers I enabled the network with the same password. The problem now is, when I try to add the client computer (in the server computers home network tab) I get asked for a pasword, I eneter it, and then I can select the client computer. When I selected the lclient computer one of 2 things happer:

1. Either it tells me that the selected computer does not have bitdefender installed or is not accessible (even though it is) or

2. I et asked for a password again, and if I enter the password it gives me a message 'Wrong Pasword'

Please help :mellow:

Comments

• Hello,

You forgot a very important thing to mention: what Operating System are you using on both PCs? Also try to set a different password on each PC. I don't know if that makes any difference but we still need to test it :)

Have you made the upgrade from a previous version to BitDefender 2011 on any of the PCs ? On both maybe ?

Any other security solutions installed, any firewalls ?

• i forgot my password too can you send me a email on how to reset it?

• Hello,

You forgot a very important thing to mention: what Operating System are you using on both PCs? Also try to set a different password on each PC. I don't know if that makes any difference but we still need to test it :)

Have you made the upgrade from a previous version to BitDefender 2011 on any of the PCs ? On both maybe ?

Any other security solutions installed, any firewalls ?

Daniel

I get the same issue as well

I am using Windows 7 on all laptops, upgraded from BitDefender 2010. I have no other firewalls in place besides BD and is up to date.

Accoroding to BD 2011 Manual when setting up BD Network (server & computers) the same password entered onto the pc acting as the server must be used on all other pc's joining the BD Network.

• Daniel

I get the same issue as well

I am using Windows 7 on all laptops, upgraded from BitDefender 2010. I have no other firewalls in place besides BD and is up to date.

Accoroding to BD 2011 Manual when setting up BD Network (server & computers) the same password entered onto the pc acting as the server must be used on all other pc's joining the BD Network.

Update

I managed to get my home network up and running correctly. Prior to adding each "computer" to my BD Network I had to disbale to firewall for 5 minutes on each pc one at a time as I was setting them up on my BD Network, once this was done each computer was able to join with no issues. Once the BD Firewall re-activated my BD Network remained active with all members showing on my pc "server"

Hopefully this works for you as well.

P.S. I am not certain if there was a setting in BD Firewall to change to allow full access for the BD Network but you would think none would be required as this is all BD software of wouldrecognize that but ??

• Hello,

dccssaints: Indeed you need to open BitDefender Security Center and go to Firewall -> Network tab. There make the following settings for the listed adapter(s):

- Network type: Home/Office

- VPN: No

- Stealth: Off

- Generic: Yes

Having the above settings should resolve the issue you were facing.

• Thank you very much. I disabled the firewall and it worked perfectly. :)

• Glad I could help. Case resolved, topic closed. For any further queries please create a new topic and explain the situation. You will get my answer in the shortest time possible.

This discussion has been closed.