Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Not Working After Bitdefender Total Security

Options

Hi, I'm pretty new to this whole virus software and posting on forums about it thing, so please bear with me. :) This morning I woke up to pop ups saying I had two Trojans that McAfee couldn't quarantine (Generic.dx and Artemis). They were located in my AppData/Temp files. A site I found in Google recommended that I download a BitDefender trial, so I did and the program immediately found and quarantined my two Trojans. Told me to restart my computer and when I did I got a message from BitDefender saying the program found no threats on my PC. Then I noticed I had a pop up saying my Logitech Software could not work properly due to lack of internet connection, so I tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Skype and none of it would connect -- and I know my connection is fine because I'm connected to it on my laptop as I type this.

I uninstalled the BD trial and kept trying the internet... nothing. I checked my McAfee and I saw two BitDefender files with permission even though I had uninstalled it, so I found them in my Computer/Program Files/Common Files and deleted them. The internet still won't work... My McAfee says I have incoming connection, but no outgoing. I don't know what to do, nothing in Google is helping. :( It seems that the Trojans are gone because I haven't gotten any more pop ups but now I'm worried I won't be able to get my internet to work and I have WAY too much content on my computer to be okay with a reformat right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hello and welcome to our Forums!

The reason why you do not have an active Internet connection is because you have used two security solutions on the same PC and, furthermore, you haven't uninstall BitDefender correctly.

1. Save the file below WITHOUT running it yet:

http://www.BitDefender.com/uninstall

2. Right click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator" - only for Windows Vista/7

3. Click on the "Uninstall" button then WAIT TO BE ASKED to restart the PC. Please do so when prompted

4. Save the file below WITHOUT running it yet:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup236.exe

5. Install CCleaner then open it

6. Perform both types of cleaning: Temporary files(first icon on the left hand - the blue paintbrush) and Windows Registry cleaning

Do NOT backup the entries before removing them !

7. Restart the PC again

8. Check the Internet connection.

Please confirm that the issue was resolved. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• Thank you, but I did everything you said and the internet is still not working. :( I guess I'll just have to reformat it because I cannot think of anything else to do.

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.