Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdselfpr.sys Error

Options

Hello there

I am a new user to Bit defender and for the last 3 hours I can't get Bit defender to install...every time the installer comes up to install i get a blue screen and a error message of bdselfpr.sys, and to be honest I expected some better product use friendliness than this from such a reputable company..But since this has occurred i was wondering can anyone help me please.

Regards

I am running

XP service Pack 3

1g RAM, Intel R - Core

160 gig free space

Comments

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

8. Include a screenshot of the error involving bdselfpr.sys

Looking forward to your answer!

• I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and noticed that you still have the Real Time Protection driver in your PC as:

\??\C:\DOCUME~1\M2835~1.BAG\LOCALS~1\Temp\bdtempdir01\bdselfpr.sys

You have also used the option Open when downloading the installation kit. It's highly recommended to first save the installation file then open it.

However before re-installing BitDefender I need to see one more log from your PC. Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it HERE

f) send me a PM with the download link.

I also took ownership of the ticket you had open with a colleague of mine and sent you the instructions via email. The ticket ID is: 201011201007312.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.