Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

3dconnexions Spacenavigator Blocked By Active Virus Control

Options

BitDefender, through various versions has been blocking 3Dconnexions drivers for quite a long time. Why has nothing been done to correct this or 3Dconnexions been made aware of the problem?

I have been in contact with 3Dconnexions attempting to get my SpaceNavigator to work. They said that it was caused by BitDefender and to add to the Antivirus Exclusions Zone (this worked in BitDefender 2010). This I did and, of course, it did not work so I assumed that something else was causing this problem. No one seemed to know that you had to add at ANOTHER level i.e. through the Advanced Settings tab.

Even when delaying the start of BitDefender by use of "Startup Delayer" the SpaceNavigator would only start intermittently. It now seems that even then it was being stopped by BitDefender when the programme could possibly do so. It was only when I noticed that if the BitDefender icon came up before the 3Dconnexions tried to start that the SpaceNavigator was stopped so another search came up with the fix.

I should not have to search through forums for answers to problems that are already known to BitDefender. This should have been sorted out a long time ago. BitDefender should have contacted 3Dconnexions to correct this. A known bug fix (because that is what this is) should be displayed, prominently, explaining the solution.

I am sure many other people have been affected by this.

When using a free virus protection programme I expect to have to sort out this type of problem but not when I am paying.

The pinned topic "Applications Blocked By Active Virus Control" as in 2010 forum should be added to the 2011 forum.

Comments

• Hello,

Please give me more details about: 3Dconnexions. A website, a download link etc.

I should not have to search through forums for answers to problems that are already known to BitDefender.

Have you posted this already ? If yes, where ? Please give me a topic link.

When using a free virus protection programme I expect to have to sort out this type of problem but not when I am paying.

If you do not report it how can we know about this issue ?

Even when delaying the start of BitDefender by use of "Startup Delayer" the SpaceNavigator would only start intermittently. It now seems that even then it was being stopped by BitDefender when the programme could possibly do so. It was only when I noticed that if the BitDefender icon came up before the 3Dconnexions tried to start that the SpaceNavigator was stopped so another search came up with the fix.

- setting BitDefender to delayed at start-up is NOT a good idea; I suggest you to change it back;

- please explain "SpaceNavigator would only start intermittently"

- so another search came up with the fix => what fix are you referring to ?

I am sure many other people have been affected by this.

I doubt it since it was not reported by anyone yet.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi DanyDan,

Many thanks for you swift reply. Below I have attempted to answer your questions.

I added the 3dconnexion software to BitDefender Antivirus Exclusions in the very beginning but did not realise that it had to be added at the Advanced tag. Thus I blamed 3Dconnexions for the problem and then frustration mounted as the SpaceNavigator would start, then stop and then start again and again stop. I admit it was my fault for not reading the fix properly in the beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Please give me more details about: 3Dconnexions. A website, a download link etc. "

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/software-developer.html

"If you do not report it how can we know about this issue ?"

Carmen Cernev. See below

-------------------------------------------------------

"Have you posted this already ? If yes, where ? Please give me a topic link."

BitDefender Feedback

"- setting BitDefender to delayed at start-up is NOT a good idea; I suggest you to change it back;"

Changed back

---------------------------------------------------------

"- please explain "SpaceNavigator would only start intermittently"

Total confusion reigned for a time. If your intested in the details " 3Dconnexion.com Forum Index » Windows Discussion Forum » Download Problems"

SpaceNavigator would work for a time then if I installed a new programme it would stop. Uninstalling the new programme sometimes allowed it to start again but not always.

After the installation of Startup Delayer every now and again the SpaceNavigator would start up on a restart or inital boot. When the icon for BitDefender did not appear immediatly in the bottom RH corner it would start but when the BitDefender icon started first then SpaceNavigator was dead so I ended up back here.

------------------------------------------------------

"- so another search came up with the fix => what fix are you referring to ?"

Posted by Carmen Cernev

Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. At this moment, as a workaround, please add the 3dxserv.exe process to Exclusions in BitDefender -> Expert Mode -> Antivirus module -> Advanced Settings.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you.

"I doubt it since it was not reported by anyone yet."

engineerboy. diesel66, cpaiva, DougKn, ginald

I have now posted the fix on the 3dconnexions forum so I hope this will help someone in the future.

Kind Regards,

This discussion has been closed.