Windows Problem Reporting Stopped Working

Hi

I just installed BitDefender Internet Security 2011 Trial version yesterday, and since then I keep receiving this error: "Windows Problem Reporting Stopped Working".

Any idea what's causing this?

I'm using Window Vista Home Premium.

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

DanyDan, I am having the same problem described by Sarofski. I just installed BitDefender 2011 yesterday. I have PMed you a link to my supporttool result file.

Thanks for any help you can provide...

• Hello N6vig,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with, however I need an additional log for you to create. Your assigned ticket ID is: 201011281012456.

Please check your email associated with your forum account for further instructions.

Kind regards,

• Hello N6vig,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with, however I need an additional log for you to create. Your assigned ticket ID is: 201011281012456.

Please check your email associated with your forum account for further instructions.

Kind regards,

Autoruns results file has been sent.

I have also checked google for possible fixes to this problem. I tried running sfc /verifyonly and it found no corrupted files.

• Hello n6vig,

I have analyzed the logs and sent you a possible resolution via email in response to the ticket ID: 201011281012456. Please check your Inbox then confirm if the issue was resolved.

Kind regards,

• Hello n6vig,

I have analyzed the logs and sent you a possible resolution via email in response to the ticket ID: 201011281012456. Please check your Inbox then confirm if the issue was resolved.

Kind regards,

I'm still having the same problem, not sure if my ticket got closed because I don't get any response to my emails.

• I'm still having the same problem, not sure if my ticket got closed because I don't get any response to my emails.

Hmmmm, asctually have the same issue on one of my 3 computers (desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 bit).

Didn't think it was related to BD, but now that I see this thread...

Danny, another cry for HELP! Can you look into this?

Take care.

Jake

• Hmmmm, asctually have the same issue on one of my 3 computers (desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 bit).

Didn't think it was related to BD, but now that I see this thread...

Danny, another cry for HELP! Can you look into this?

Take care.

Jake

Jake, I uninstalled BD2011 and my problem went away. I'm going to reboot a couple of times to make sure and then try a re-install. Will let you know what happens.

• Still having the same problem after re-installing....

• Still having the same problem after re-installing....

Same issue here. It started after an update early December. I ran the sfc /scannow, still the same.

Any help would be great.

• Hi,

Can any of you post a screenshot of that error message ? Any more details about this ? When does the error occur ? Everyone in here is using Vista on the PC having this issue ? 32-bits / 64-bits ? I am trying to help you with a workaround / resolution but I need as many details as possible.

SplatP1: can you tell me the exact date of that update ?

• I have similar problem that occured when I fully recovered (formatted) my labtop yesterday due to crash on BD what made my PC open to all type of threats.

When I recovered, everything is ok, except this annoying message that appears on startup, showing the Windows reporting solution has stopped working. Never had this on my other two computers that I have.

Can you Please assist in clearing this issue, which might be related to DB internet security 2011?

regards.

• bushy2006@sky.com
    edited January 2011

We were having this problem on one laptop with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. As the user of this machine is not comfortable messing around with the system, I disabled Windows Error Reporting.

About three weeks ago I was having another problem, on a machine running Vista Ultimate, with BDIS - regularly freezing and BD Services stopping during a scan. I uninstalled BDIS and reinstalled. This didn't fix the original problem and I started getting the WER warning. I tried scanning with BD support tool running so that I submit could a support ticket but the original fault failed to reoccur, despite repeating the process 3 times. The WER error has also now disappeared. I will try re-enabling WER on the other machine.

Regards

Bushy

• Good day again.

I can see that DBIS 2011 has lots of issues and didn't properly passed the testing procedures, and it is obvious that many users who have put trust in the package are being annoyed by plenty of security and software issues, such as reporting solution stopped working and freezing of computer.

As I stated in my previous reply, I had this freezing, which could not be solved by the technical team of BD and then they advised me to unistall and reinstall BD, which also didn't solve the problem.

So the last choice, was to format the machine, and loosing plenty of recent data (thank GOD I had backup of the rest), even so, I'm still having issues with my machine since I installed BDIS 2011.

My machine is very strong and can absorb any package, but when this vssr thing started fault, it consumed all resources (processor and ram).

I have used many security packages (norton, kaspersky, webroot,...) and never had issues like these before, so I urge BD team to sort out the problems of BDIS and issue a service pack, otherwise, consumers will not be happy, and that is bad for the business.

regrds.

• Any feedback from DB technical team?

Please assist.

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and the issue should be resolved:

- click on the START menu button then go to RUN;

- type services.msc and hit OK;

- in the new window search for the service called Windows Error Reporting Service

- double click on the service;

- set the Startup type: to Automatic (Delayed Start);

- hit Apply then OK

- restart the PC and the issue should be resolved.

Please let me know the results of the steps above.

Regards,

• Hi;

I have done that, the error is not appearing anymore.

However; the startup time of the PC is extermely above normal, although i'm running it to the minimum resources.

Can you please look in to this?

regards

Hello,

Please follow the steps below and the issue should be resolved:

- click on the START menu button then go to RUN;

- type services.msc and hit OK;

- in the new window search for the service called Windows Error Reporting Service

- double click on the service;

- set the Startup type: to Automatic (Delayed Start);

- hit Apply then OK

- restart the PC and the issue should be resolved.

Please let me know the results of the steps above.

Regards,

• Still awaiting response, any update.

This discussion has been closed.