Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real-time Protection Is Disabled

Options

Windows Security Alert says Virus Protection Not Found. Dashboard Security Status says "1 issue is affecting the security status...."

View all Issues has Fix box ticked for "real time protection is disabled, and status "Not Started" Clicking on the START button returns a result "Failed" in red.

But ---Antivirus Shield says "Real-time protection is enabled", and box is ticked.

Also says "last system scan: never".

I right clicked on the icon with the warning symbol and downloaded upgrades, and rebooted. Nothing seems to have changed.

So, Now what do I do, please??

Windows XP, serv pk. 3 Bit defender 2011. I have 2 more computers to go, and stalled on this one. Thanks.

Comments

• I have to echo this one. I'm getting the same thing. I get a security status warning that real-time protection is disabled, but under the anti-virus tab, the real-time protection checkbox is checked and is titled, Real-time protection is enabled. Which should I believe?

Windows 7, Antivirus 2011

• suzwilli & orukal - first, try a "Repair" of your BD installation. It sounds like Windows has lost track of the fact that BD is installed and running.

"Repair" can be found here:

post-35640-1290626936_thumb.jpg

Awaiting your results,

This discussion has been closed.