Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Tray Icon Missing [resolved]

Options

Hi

I have recently upgraded from Bitdefender Total Security 2010 64bit to Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 64bit.

The first time I installed the new version it asked if I wanted to uninstall the old version which I did.

However I then ran into the "Real-time protection is disabled" Problem.

I then went on to fully remove and uninstall Bitdefender using the Uninstall tool found on the bitdefender website.

I reinstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and the installation completed successfully.

However, now the system tray icon is missing and I can't get it to show.

I also now sometimes get the message that the bitdefender services could not be started and I must restart my pc.

The restart does not fix anything.

Please can you help

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Thank you

Comments

• Do you have any other security software programs installed on the PC or did you uninstall any (besides the previous version of BD) prior to installing BDIS 2011? Antivirus, antimalware, firewall, etc.?

Regards,

• Do you have any other security software programs installed on the PC or did you uninstall any (besides the previous version of BD) prior to installing BDIS 2011? Antivirus, antimalware, firewall, etc.?

Regards,

No I do not. However after a random restart, it seems to be working now.

So after installing 2011, I had to restart a total of 6 times before it started working

• Glad it's working. :) After the initial installation, there may have been additional BD program updates that were downloaded & installed when you rebooted.

Feel free to open a new topic if needed.

Issue resolved, topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.