Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Real-time Protection Disabled

Options

Hi

I have Internet Security 2011.

I have recently run into a problem.

When I boot up, it says I have 2 issues to fix, it says my Real-Time Protection is disabled and it says my PC has never been scanned for virus'. Which is not true.

I have restarted about 10 times now and each time either I get the 2 issues or it says that the services were unable to load and I have to restart my pc.

I am unsure what to do next. This problem is now occurring right after reinstalling the product after there were issues there as well.

The only other firewall software I have installed is NetLimiter 3, but the firewall is disabled. I have no other firewalls enabled.

Please help

Comments

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options

Even though you have NetLimiter disabled, it may still have drivers or other files loaded that may conflict with BDIS. Try totally uninstalling NetLimiter, reboot the PC, do a Repair of BDIS (All Programs-->BitDefender 2011-->Repair or Remove)and see if the problem is cleared up.

Awaiting your reply,

• Even though you have NetLimiter disabled, it may still have drivers or other files loaded that may conflict with BDIS. Try totally uninstalling NetLimiter, reboot the PC, do a Repair of BDIS (All Programs-->BitDefender 2011-->Repair or Remove)and see if the problem is cleared up.

Awaiting your reply,

When I do that, I get the message, "Another Application has exclusive rights to the file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\asdict.dat'. Please shut down all other applications, then click retry'

i have exited all other apps but I still get the message. Must I boot into safe mode?

• Did you get NetLimiter uninstalled? You got this error while trying to Repair BD, is that correct?

If so, you can try it in Safe Mode.

Awaiting your reply,

• Did you get NetLimiter uninstalled? You got this error while trying to Repair BD, is that correct?

If so, you can try it in Safe Mode.

Awaiting your reply,

I uninstalled net limiter, I still got the message "Another Application has exclusive rights to the file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\asdict.dat'. Please shut down all other applications, then click retry"

I booted into safe mode, and it said that it can't be used in safe mode, I then booted into normal mode again, made skype and Utorrent not start up at boot up. I then restarted again and now there are no issues.

Firstly I want to know what do you think caused the error in the first place, secondly do you think the error was caused by Utorrent or skype, and thirdly how can I prevent it from happening again.

Regards

• Hello,

I am having the same problem (real time protection not enabled + PC never scanned for viruses), but I do not have any other security suite installed.

I had Total Security 2010, but I uninstalled it before installing Internet Security 2011.

I've tried to repair the installation using the supplied tool, and it seems to work. But as soon as I trigger an update, the two errors appear again if I either reboot or launch a complete scan.

(Another issue I've been encountering is that BD asks for adding game applications to the Game Mode white list even though they already are inside.)

Tell me if you need other information :)

PS: I'm running the french version of BD.

• Hello,

Mangatome: how you uninstalled BD 2010 ? Did you used the uninstall tool and cleaned your Windows registry between uninstalling 2010 and installing 2011 ?

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

InTents: I will also need a set of logs from you. Follow the above mentioned article and send me via PM the generated log file for further analysis.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Mangatome: how you uninstalled BD 2010 ? Did you used the uninstall tool and cleaned your Windows registry between uninstalling 2010 and installing 2011 ?

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

The setup program for BD 2011 detected BD 2010 and uninstalled it.

I didn't do anything more than just letting it do its job.

There are indeed still some DLL files in my folder Program Files/BitDefender 2010.

I sent you the file by PM.

Something more has occurred today. Although BD now says that the real-time protection is OK, Windows 7 Sec Center does not know that, and still tells me "BD is unabled".

Sometime in the afternoon today, I received a notification "BD indicates that it is not up-to-date".

When I try to "activate BD" through Windows Sec Center, nothing happens.

I feel there's some interaction between Win 7 Sec Center and BD that is not working properly :).

Cheers,

Mangatome

• Hello,

Mangatome: I have created the ticket ID: 201012011017691 on your behalf. Please check your email for instructions on how to resolve the issue you are currently facing. The BitDefender 2011 was not properly installed therefore a re-install must be done to correct the issues.

Please confirm via email that the issue was resolved.

• Hi!

BitDefender updated itself two days ago, and asked for reboot.

The problem hasn't occured ever since.

Shall I still go through your instructions?

Cheers

Mangatome

• No, simply ignore the instructions however, if any issue occur feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• Case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.