Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2011 & Windows 7 64bit Major Issues (about:blank Etc)

Options

I have had Bitdefender for "MANY YEARS" and very strong in computers knowledge but this issue leaves me blank and I have even gone to the point of two complete formats from scratch and done varies tests but still no solution.

Same issues as below member which Dany worked on but somehow this message was closed with NO CONCLUSION of what has happen and why. This problem is mainly with 2011 version which in my opinion has been a major step backwards for Bitdefender with these issues but also so many false readings which in our corporate programs it makes no sense that it has to be excluded after we learn that it was deleting.

My major issues comes when at random at bootup the black screen shows up and it stated that the antivisrus installed is cleaning up and guess what that is the doing of the main problems. Because I have reset and tweak registre and it works for 1-2 days until i see that ###### screen again and back to same old issues. When I reinstalled the complete 2009 or 2010 Bitdefnder which I have the complete disks it does not have that issues - I do confirm issue is with 2011 ONLY. So if many customers has complaint why Bitdefender has not resolved issue! Should long time customers start to shop elsehwere because that is how I feel with all this frustration.

I post this at the forum now, as i haven't heard from support, although i've sent two enquiries.

When the time came to renew my license for BitDefender Internet Security 2010, i then decided to upgrade to the 2011 version instead.

First of all, i have had a good experience with the 2010 version, which i haven't had any problems with, but since installing the 2011 version, i've experienced a lot of annoying issues with this product.

First there was the issue with the notification of the renewal of the license, which was then corrected. Then something weird happens, as during startup, just before entering the desktop, there comes a black screen with the message that: "The antivirus installed are cleaning your system" -and i must say it have cleaned my system well, because now i don't have the ATI Control Center and the PowerIso symbols in the tray area anymore. Furthermore the SoundMax driver is apparently erased as well, as the icon in the tray area now have a red line over it and it says that no SoundMax driver is installed. My homepage in Internet Explorer is set to Google, but after this cleaning of my system, it keeps on changing it back to the empty page: about:blank. Then another peculiar thing is, that all the files now has there filename visible, as an ex. if you make a new text file, it now shows ".TXT".

I had to make a whole new fresh reinstall of my system, only to learn as soon as i installed BitDefender, it all happened again. So i can for sure say that it's an issue with BitDefender. I've runned different antivrus and spyware scans on a new clean system without finding anything.

I'm runing BitDefender in "Expert Mode", but BitDefender don't ask me of which programs i will allow through the firewall anymore or in fact since installing the 2011 version.

Now i've reinstalled Windows for the second time and i'm now running without any protection, as i don't want to install BitDefender before i can be assured these problems wont accour again. I'm sure i can have my money refunded, but i really want to continue using BitDefender, so i hope you can help me out with these problems.

System:

Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800

Harddisk: 2 x 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ in RAID 0 + 1TB in Non RAID mode

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard

Graphic card: ASUS EAH5770 CuCore

RAM: 8GB in Dual Channel mode

Hope to hear from you soon...

Comments

• Arthur - The first step in investigating your problem would be to run the BD SupportTool and submit the log files generated to DanyDan of BD tech support for evaluation. Please follow the procedure below to create and upload those log files:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Hi Arthur,

What is the exact message you get on that black screen at boot ? Please perform a Deep System scan and attach the scan log to this topic or send it as PM (private message) after you upload it on an online server for upload files such as http://www.sendspace.com

Looking forward to your answer!

• HI!

I have installed a new 64 bit WIndows 7 OS and tried to install the 2011 internet security, but it wouldn't run. I'm getting an error message : adagent.exe The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Trying to run the file mentioned in the error message would not result in anything, I am stuck there.

As per previous conversations I have reproduced the problem and uploaded the file to sendspace, if you can let me know which technician colleague I could send it to for review I'd be very greatful.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Many thanks,

Zsolt

• As per previous conversations I have reproduced the problem and uploaded the file to sendspace, if you can let me know which technician colleague I could send it to for review I'd be very greatful.

You can send a PM to DanyDan of BD tech support in the post right above yours with the download link and a link back to this topic so he knows where it came from.

Regards,

• I have had Bitdefender for "MANY YEARS" and very strong in computers knowledge but this issue leaves me blank and I have even gone to the point of two complete formats from scratch and done varies tests but still no solution.

Same issues as below member which Dany worked on but somehow this message was closed with NO CONCLUSION of what has happen and why. This problem is mainly with 2011 version which in my opinion has been a major step backwards for Bitdefender with these issues but also so many false readings which in our corporate programs it makes no sense that it has to be excluded after we learn that it was deleting.

My major issues comes when at random at bootup the black screen shows up and it stated that the antivisrus installed is cleaning up and guess what that is the doing of the main problems. Because I have reset and tweak registre and it works for 1-2 days until i see that ###### screen again and back to same old issues. When I reinstalled the complete 2009 or 2010 Bitdefnder which I have the complete disks it does not have that issues - I do confirm issue is with 2011 ONLY. So if many customers has complaint why Bitdefender has not resolved issue! Should long time customers start to shop elsehwere because that is how I feel with all this frustration.

Hi Arthur,

The reason why there was no conclusion, is that i simply gave up on BitDefender 2011 and i felt there was no solution to these problems. I would consider myself to be above average in terms of computer knowledge and i have fixed and saved a lot of peoples computers, so i know for sure what i'm doing, therefore it was kind of annoying to learn that the ones which is supposed to help you, maybe know less about the subject than yourself.

I can only say, that i haven't encountered any of these problems again, since i stopped using BitDefender Internet Security 2011. The conclusion must then be, that the issue is related to BD 2011. It's a shame the BD team don't realize there is a problem with there product.

It's kind of ironic, that the very thing, which were supposed to safeguard your system, is actually messing it up.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello,

dogbomb: Off topic posting. Please create a new topic and explain the issue you encounter. Post removed from this topic, warned +10%. Please read our Forum Rules.

airdenmark: off topic, post removed, warned +10%.

Arthur: any feedback on the issue you encounter ? Is it resolved with the latest product update ? Update BitDefender and, if requested, restart the PC and let me know if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.