Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is This Serious Problem Of Bdis 2011 ?

Options
trgiangvp3
edited November 2010 in Old topics

Last week, when I was downloading some documents, I realized that the download speed is so slow. Then I stopped the download manager, opened BitDefender Control Panel, clicked on Firewall. I saw Bytes received still be increasing at about 70KB/s. I clicked on Activity tab and look at In/s column, the highest speed was only 244B/s.

One day later, I've just realized that my internet connection speed is greatly slowdown. It took more time to access to all the websites. I closed all the program which I could (internet browser, download manager, Yahoo Messenger...) then opened BitDefender Control Panel, clicked on Firewall again. The Bytes received was increasing at about 200 to 400KB/s.

Some days later, my friend called me. He is using BDIS 2011, too. He said that he got the same problem with me and when he removed BDIS 2011, everything is normal again. He sug.gest me removing BDIS 2011 and I took his advice. Then, my internet connection backed to its original speed.

I wonder if BDIS 2011 is the reason for this problem. But whenever I install BDIS 2011 on my Computer, this problem comes again. I tried to download the latest version but there was no change.

I need help, as soon as possible because I'm accessing to internet without any security software on my PC.

Comments

• Last week, when I was downloading some documents, I realized that the download speed is so slow. Then I stopped the download manager, opened BitDefender Control Panel, clicked on Firewall. I saw Bytes received still be increasing at about 70KB/s. I clicked on Activity tab and look at In/s column, the highest speed was only 244B/s.

One day later, I've just realized that my internet connection speed is greatly slowdown. It took more time to access to all the websites. I closed all the program which I could (internet browser, download manager, Yahoo Messenger...) then opened BitDefender Control Panel, clicked on Firewall again. The Bytes received was increasing at about 200 to 400KB/s.

Some days later, my friend called me. He is using BDIS 2011, too. He said that he got the same problem with me and when he removed BDIS 2011, everything is normal again. He sug.gest me removing BDIS 2011 and I took his advice. Then, my internet connection backed to its original speed.

I wonder if BDIS 2011 is the reason for this problem. But whenever I install BDIS 2011 on my Computer, this problem comes again. I tried to download the latest version but there was no change.

I need help, as soon as possible because I'm accessing to internet without any security software on my PC.

yes it is a major problem in BDIS 2011 and unluckily BD doesnt came up with any solution.

• Hello,

Please provide me with the following information:

- what "download manager" are you using;

- what Operating System;

- have you used 2010 prior installing 2011;

- any other security solution installed on the same PC

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file;

• Hi Trgiangvp3,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and noticed you only have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed. One of BitDefender 2011 requirements is Windows XP SP 3 installed in order to work as intended.

Please update your Operating System then repair BitDefender.

To learn how to update Windows to the latest Service Pack please read this Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Regards,

• Hi Trgiangvp3,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and noticed you only have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed. One of BitDefender 2011 requirements is Windows XP SP 3 installed in order to work as intended.

Please update your Operating System then repair BitDefender.

To learn how to update Windows to the latest Service Pack please read this Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Regards,

Thanks, I'll try as you recommended.

This discussion has been closed.