Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Solution (maybe) For "real-time Protection Is Disabled" Issue

Options
trinaz
edited December 2010 in Old topics

For those who are dealing with BD Internet Security 2011...in particular the "Real-time protection is disabled" issue...I have found a way to correct/repair this without using Bitdefender remove/repair option which is quite time consuming

Understand while this has been working flawlessly on my Win 7 Pro 64bit system for quite awhile using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 - have no way to test and/or confirm this will work on any other combination of Windows/Bitdefender !!

This has worked for me many times (BDAVdisabled1.jpg)...but after a recent upgrade...I had to add another 'step' (BDAVdisabled2.jpg)in order to resolve the "Real-time protection is disabled" issue.

Here's the scenario - Windows reports BD AV is not working...the BD icon in the task bar says "fix 1 critical issue"...you open Bitdefender but Anti-Virus check box is checked and says "Real-time protection is enabled - but Windows and BD icon system tray say it is "disabled" ?

Step 1 (BDAVdisabled1.jpg):

post-31073-1291229915_thumb.jpg

Uncheck "real-time protection is enabled' even tho the system tray icon is saying it is not.

Select either Permanently or until restart

Restart the PC

This has worked every time until a recent update (I think) caused this NOT to work.

If the issue remains after reboot above...then

Step 2 (BDAVdisabled2.jpg)

post-31073-1291229936_thumb.jpg

Repeat the 1st part of step one...but BEFORE rebooting...open "Advanced Settings" and uncheck "Active Virus Control is enabled"

Then reboot and recheck the AVC setting to re-enable and hopefully your issue has been corrected.

Again...this works perfectly for me...both the icon warning and Windows "Action Center" messages have self corrected after reboot and things work fine...until maybe the next update....but so far my system hasn't had any issues for over a week.

Hope this helps someone and maybe eliminates any Bitdefender "repair" operations that at least I have found were not necessary ??

Regards...Tim

This discussion has been closed.