Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Virus Scan Disabled

Options

Hi,

I am using BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 on Windows 7 (32-bit). I am suddenly besieged by multiple warnings at the same time:

- Windows 7 Action Center alerted "Windows Defender and BitDefender Antispyware both reported that they are turned off" and "BitDefender Antivirus reports that it is turned off". Clicking on the provided buttons to turn the products on leads to Windows asking me to run wscfix.exe in the BitDefender 2011 folder. Nothing happens after I clicked Run.

- The security status of BitDefender displayed "Real-time protection is disabled." When I checked the Antivirus tab, the Shield shows that Real-time protection is enabled, yet said that Last system scan: never (even though I've been using BitDefender 2011 to scan for several times in the past).

- The Virus Scan tab displayed only "The Virus Scan module is disabled". The only way to run a system scan is to launch it from the Shield tab.

Could someone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Reynard.

Comments

• Hi Reynald and Welcome to our Forums!

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Dan,

The program came back to normal today without any problem. This kind of warnings and disabling occurred once in a while to me. Each time, after I furiously searched the forum and the Internet for solution [and failed], they silently disappeared. Do you think I need to send you the log now or wait till the problem comes again to generate the log?

Thanks a lot :)

Reynard.

This discussion has been closed.