[resolved]Cannot Save Files Anymores (bd Is 2011)

GreenHead
edited December 2010 in Old topics

Hi,

I've just installed Bit Defender Internet Security 2011 and after that I noticed that I can't save files anymore.

If I open a Word document and I make save as and ok, an error is shown. The same if I want to download a picture or other things.

Resuming, I can’t download nothing and I can’t save any file in any program.

If I uninstall BD, the problem is solved.

What is happening?

Comments

• Hi,

You mention "an error" but you do not provide me with any kind of details about it:

- what is the exact error message you receive ?

- what Windows are you using ?

- what PC architecture do you use ? (32-bits/64-bits)

Last but not least please follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

Sorry for the incomplete post.

I'm using Windows 7 32-bits.

The error messages are in Portuguese (all my system is in Portuguese). I'm going to try to translate them.

The errors are: “There are no more files” or “The file name is not valid”.

I’m finishing running another virus scan and I will run the support tool.

Thanks.

• Ok,

When you have the SupportTool upload it and send me the download link via PM ONLY. Do NOT post the link here!

Looking forward to your answer!

• I send it to you a couple of minutes ago.

• I think I’ve found the reason of this trouble and also the solution.

I was looking for answer on-line and I found the Romanian forum of BitDefender.

My laptop is an ASUS and it seems existing some compatibility issues between BitDefender and ASUS Data Security Manager. The solution was to uninstall the ASUS software. Now it seems that everything works fine.

The link of the Romanian forum is:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry98896

• Unknown
    edited December 2010

Well even if you didn't gave me the time to check the logs, I'm glad that you found the resolution and managed to resolve the issue. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Case resolved, topic closed.

Regards,

• hi..

i read this thread when i googled about the problem that my laptop encountered.

it is exactly the same problem.

and since i can't speak in romanian, i can't understand about the step to resolve my problem.

i already tried googled how to resolve this, but i failed to found anything. :(

can anyone explain to me how to solve this problem, or maybe translate the link that GreenHead post above?

thank you and sorry for my bad english.

note:

the error message that i got when i tried to save pdf file, microsoft excel file, and microsoft word file = "there are no more files" "the file name is not valid"

i'm using windows 7 home basic 32-bit

my laptop is ASUS K40IE

• I copied the Romanian posts in that linked topic into the Bing Translator and came up with this response:

Thank you for your interest shown in our solution's security,

BitDefender.

Currently there is an incompatibility between the ASUS Data Security

Manager and Bitdefender. I have already informed the team of Web development and it works

to solve the problem.

Resolution will be implemented through an update of the product and will not require

your intervention, you just need to make sure that you have the product

updated on a daily basis. We will not give a temporary but we can ensure that

will rezova in the shortest time.

Meanwhile as the resolution we recommend you to uninstall the ASUS Data Security

Manager and check if the situation persists, we apologize for

problems caused and thank you for understanding.

This post was from Nov. 2010, so one of the BD tech support people will have to confirm if a fix was released in a subsequent BD update. Check your current BD Build number. It should be 14.0.29.354. If that is the Build you have, then uninstall the ASUS Data Security Manager to see if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Issue resolved in a previous BitDefender product update.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.